Thread: Microsoft blunder - ships Xbox One consoles two weeks early!

Default Microsoft blunder - ships Xbox One consoles two weeks early!

And as a result of this, some smart-arse who thought he was being clever has been banned from using his console for uploading clips and pictures online.

Quote Originally Posted by The Telegraph
    Microsoft accidentally ships Xbox One two weeks early

Microsoft has accidentally shipped a number of Xbox One consoles to customers nearly two weeks before its official release date.

After one customer posted pictures of the console on Twitter and put a video on YouTube, Microsoft banned the user from his Xbox One until its launch on November 22.

At least three pre-orders have apparently been delivered early, with one briefly listed on eBay, according to Polygon.com.
    In a statement, Microsoft admitted that a handful had been inadvertently shipped early.

“Due to a retail partner’s system issue, a very small number of Xbox One consoles were shipped to consumers before the 11/22 street date”, the company said.
    To be honest, I don't really have any sympathy for the guy who was posting this all over the internet. I'm assuming he did this to try and get one up on everyone else that is waiting for their consoles and he should have kept quiet about it. That's what he gets for showing off, albeit, it was Microsoft that made a big mistake.

Either that or he was just trying to give everyone a glimps of whats on offer. Not always as sinister as you would think, Microsoft would of course not be too keen on this because the only advertising for it they want their customers to see is their own.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

I don't know... with people posting, "I am the first to get it!" in their YouTube videos and similar comments made on the video page, it seems more like a pissing contest than a 'what's on offer' display: