Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Any NFL fans here???

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    So it's Denver v New England and Seattle v San Francisco.

Thoughts??
    Broncos nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, Colts meanwhile didn't have another comeback in them. Manning v Brady in the AFC decider. I think that is effectively the Superbowl decider as I can't see the 49ers or Seattle beating either of them although Seattle did well to beat New Orleans

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ocred For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (14-01-14)

Quote Originally Posted by ocred View Post
    Manning v Brady in the AFC decider. I think that is effectively the Superbowl decider as I can't see the 49ers or Seattle beating either of them although Seattle did well to beat New Orleans
    Hold yer Broncos! The Seattle D and 49er D are both good enough to stop both Brady and Manning. Saying that the Pats have found a mean running game so will be very tough to beat, as Brady with a good play action game can be lethal

If the Broncos get to the dance it will be interesting to see what the weather will be like in NY for the SB. If its proper cold, or worse still snowing then Manning could be affected badly. His stats in the cold are very poor

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PaddyDaddy For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (14-01-14)

Interesting stuff here lads. I have to go with Daddy, even as a mad Patriots fan. The Legion of Boom at Seattle are tough tough boys, and SF never take a backstep from anyone, they are well in it.

As for Manning, lets us see how he does in the cold, in the play offs, against Brady. Denver have to be faves but coupled with Manning's frailties at this time of year, plus our running game, it wouldn't surprise me if I am in a very good mood next Monday! Plus Chris Harris may be injured which damages the Denver secondary badly

Can SF goto Seattle and win??

Can SF goto Seattle and win??
    If the Cards could do it the 49ers can do it. They know the Seahawks as well as any team. Jim Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in the league right now. NFC championship game each year in his first 3! Outstanding stuff. (even if he is a total psycho!) And to think what the 49ers were like before he took over (granted years of rubbish had the squad primed with talented draft picks) They have arguabley the best O line and best D line in the game. That wins rings

They have had to go on the road for the whole playoffs. Lambeau and A Rods passing game in that crazy cold (look what they did to GB in the first quater! That won them the game, not Kapernick IMO). Carolina and that mean defense and excellent running game. Both of which suffered to an extent (especially the run). I reckon JH has every person on that squad believing 100% they are a team of destiny. He will be saying that with their record they should not have to go on the road but because they are forced to they will prove to everyone they are the best the hard way etc etc. Also they lost the big one last year so that is plenty of motivation right there.

I personally cant not wait for this NFC game (more so than the AFC game). Im hoping it will be 3 hours of smash mouth football and effectively and 3 hour fight! Bring it on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PaddyDaddy For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (14-01-14)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyDaddy View Post
    If the Cards could do it the 49ers can do it. They know the Seahawks as well as any team. Jim Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in the league right now. NFC championship game each year in his first 3! Outstanding stuff. (even if he is a total psycho!) And to think what the 49ers were like before he took over (granted years of rubbish had the squad primed with talented draft picks) They have arguabley the best O line and best D line in the game. That wins rings

They have had to go on the road for the whole playoffs. Lambeau and A Rods passing game in that crazy cold (look what they did to GB in the first quater! That won them the game, not Kapernick IMO). Carolina and that mean defense and excellent running game. Both of which suffered to an extent (especially the run). I reckon JH has every person on that squad believing 100% they are a team of destiny. He will be saying that with their record they should not have to go on the road but because they are forced to they will prove to everyone they are the best the hard way etc etc. Also they lost the big one last year so that is plenty of motivation right there.

I personally cant not wait for this NFC game (more so than the AFC game). Im hoping it will be 3 hours of smash mouth football and effectively and 3 hour fight! Bring it on.

Come on, give me your score predictions.....

Who do you support btw??

Come on, give me your score predictions.....

Who do you support btw??
    It really is a tough one to call. But My gut says it will be Broncos and 49ers. With the 49ers to win the SB. 49ers 24 Seahawks 20. Pats 34 Broncos 41. I of course would not be shocked in the least if it was the Seahawks Pats

I am a Packer fan for my troubles. Still can not believe they got to the playoffs this year!

It really is a tough one to call. But My gut says it will be Broncos and 49ers. With the 49ers to win the SB. 49ers 24 Seahawks 20. Pats 34 Broncos 41. I of course would not be shocked in the least if it was the Seahawks Pats

I am a Packer fan for my troubles. Still can not believe they got to the playoffs this year!
    In Matt Flynn we trust!!!

Seriously, if A-Rod hadn't got injured, you would have had a much better regular season. Detroit blowing up was a shock, and I seriously don't rate Cutler or the Bears.

It was a sign how decent you are that you took SF so close, when they could legitimately win the SB

I will say 31-24 to the Donkeys (hope I am wrong) and 24-21 the Hawks...but either could go the other way

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

PaddyDaddy (14-01-14)

Yeah the Rodgers injury and the Lions implosion certainly made it a very interesting season for a Packers fan.

From a Packers stand point it was the loss of Mathews, Shields, Jolly, etc etc on the D that resulted in the 49ers edging that game IMO. One more play of the defense and the Pack could have won it. Unfortunately they had an injured, hobbling, rookie LB trying to run down Kapernick on his effectively game wining run. The Pack need to resolve a few things this off season and be careful in free agency as they have a few key guys heading that way. A couple of good decisions, and couple of good drafts and a more injury friendly season next year and they could be knocking on the door again, but its the NFL. Anything can and will happen........

As for the Bears. Well I personally dont think Cutler is worth want they gave him but he has some really good weapons there. A big strong fast wide receiving core and a class "A" RB. If he can be more consistent and stay injury free they should push the Pack year on year.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the Lions. They get the right men to coach that team and they could be very dangerous.

The NFC North which was arguably the worst division in the NFL this year could be one of the strongest again in the blink of an eye. Thats the sort of thing that makes me love the NFL

Yeah the Rodgers injury and the Lions implosion certainly made it a very interesting season for a Packers fan.

From a Packers stand point it was the loss of Mathews, Shields, Jolly, etc etc on the D that resulted in the 49ers edging that game IMO. One more play of the defense and the Pack could have won it. Unfortunately they had an injured, hobbling, rookie LB trying to run down Kapernick on his effectively game wining run. The Pack need to resolve a few things this off season and be careful in free agency as they have a few key guys heading that way. A couple of good decisions, and couple of good drafts and a more injury friendly season next year and they could be knocking on the door again, but its the NFL. Anything can and will happen........

As for the Bears. Well I personally dont think Cutler is worth want they gave him but he has some really good weapons there. A big strong fast wide receiving core and a class "A" RB. If he can be more consistent and stay injury free they should push the Pack year on year.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the Lions. They get the right men to coach that team and they could be very dangerous.

The NFC North which was arguably the worst division in the NFL this year could be one of the strongest again in the blink of an eye. Thats the sort of thing that makes me love the NFL
    The beauty of the salary cap and the draft.

We have an issue with Talib as we are working out whether he is going to be given a franchise tag. Sadly a lot of our salary is still taken up by a man dropping the soap, presumably for the rest of his life. That leaves us working out whether Talib, who is injury prone is worth a Franchise Tag.

I say yes

We will defo draft a Tight End and members of the D and O line.....

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast