Thread: Self improvement courses

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Self improvement courses

Has anybody ever heard of them ? like to lower anxiety in social situations and so on i have tried yoga ,mediation still like to be more comfortable in these situations

2. The Following User Says Thank You to celticden For This Useful Post:

curvyirishgirl katie (30-10-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Im the same i found a group on meetup.com its not a dating site its a site that you can join or create groups to do stuff like walking running photograpy loads of stuff . But theres one on there its to do with social anxiety only problem is im to socially awkard to go ha i guess catch 22 ha . Anyway have a look yourself its free to going but some activities might have a charge but not all thdm .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yamser For This Useful Post:

celticden (30-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by celticden View Post
    Has anybody ever heard of them ? like to lower anxiety in social situations and so on i have tried yoga ,mediation still like to be more comfortable in these situations
    There is an organisation called Toastmasters, some here might have heard of it. It helps people improve their self confidence, speaking skills. Helps people become less shy and have a better ability in social situations. There are clubs all over the country. They usually meet at night time every 2 weeks. In most clubs the first time you go to 1 of their meetings it is free. You can go and just sit down and see if it is something you like or see if it might benefit you in some way. I have been a member of one of the local clubs and I think it is very good. For me I think self improvement is not an overnight success job, it takes time and progress can be slow but keep at it and you will see signs of progress definitely

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

celticden (30-10-13), Liberty Love (30-10-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Yamser View Post
    Im the same i found a group on meetup.com its not a dating site its a site that you can join or create groups to do stuff like walking running photograpy loads of stuff . But theres one on there its to do with social anxiety only problem is im to socially awkard to go ha i guess catch 22 ha . Anyway have a look yourself its free to going but some activities might have a charge but not all thdm .
    thanks man i'l give it a look

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post
    There is an organisation called Toastmasters, some here might have heard of it. It helps people improve their self confidence, speaking skills. Helps people become less shy and have a better ability in social situations. There are clubs all over the country. They usually meet at night time every 2 weeks. In most clubs the first time you go to 1 of their meetings it is free. You can go and just sit down and see if it is something you like or see if it might benefit you in some way. I have been a member of one of the local clubs and I think it is very good. For me I think self improvement is not an overnight success job, it takes time and progress can be slow but keep at it and you will see signs of progress definitely
    i tried that a former teacher was there that i hated so it was the first and last time I went there but I could try again in another town I suppose

9. The Following User Says Thank You to celticden For This Useful Post:

The D Man (30-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by celticden View Post
    i tried that a former teacher was there that i hated so it was the first and last time I went there but I could try again in another town I suppose
    Why would you allow a person that you hate to stop you making progress in your life? In case you think I am being funny or sarcastic I am not. There are people in the club that I am in, that I dont like but they will not stop me making progress in my life and in the club.

And as you say yourself you could always try another club in another town near you if you want.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

celticden (30-10-13)

http://www.sanctuary.ie/

this may be of help....

Through its programmes, courses, workshops and activities it strives to invite people into stillness and mindfulness, there to discover inner resources that lead to the full flourishing of human life.
    Kisses Katie