Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus claims that she 'messed up' for the Robin Thicke performance

Default Miley Cyrus claims that she 'messed up' for the Robin Thicke performance

I just think she's bat-shit mental. What do you guys think?

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/the-j...095617625.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Old Yellow Bricks (02-09-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I think shes lost her way tbh...I think if she went down the road of American country singer she would have moved on up after that Hannah Montana......Her country singing voice is not bad at all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Big J For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (02-09-13)

5. Default

I have a feeling she only has these 'issues' because she thinks she might have messed up somewhat. I hadn't seen the video until today and I was a bit surprised as I was expecting something far more shocking to warrant all the uproar. Her performance at the VMAs was no worse than what you might find on a lot of the music videos you see today. Heck that song Blurred Lines (which is completely undeserving of all the love it's getting) contains the lyric "I'll give you something big enough to tear your ass in two." Yet everyone is apoplectic over a girl making a slight fool of herself on stage? Does no-one remember Madonna's Girlie Show?

People were upset because she did something unexpected and they didn't like it. Raunch is expected from the likes of Rihanna or Madonna (my grasp of modern music is very limited, despite the best attempts of my nieces to educate me). Miley Cyrus isn't obliged to behave like a character she played in a kids TV show. She's young, she made a very public mistake in trying to dispense with her Disney image, she'll make more mistakes, and be wiser for it. Probably.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to earlyriser For This Useful Post:

Big J (02-09-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Has she a problem with her Tongue? Every pic u see of her now its almost down to her navel
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Has she a problem with her Tongue? Every pic u see of her now its almost down to her navel
    Maybe she's a member of the KISS Army?

Reviews

Seriously.....

Who gives a flying fuck about her or any other pointless celebrity for that matter?????

ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

BootSlick55 (03-09-13), jizrag (03-09-13)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Seriously.....

Who gives a flying fuck about her or any other pointless celebrity for that matter?????

Kids. Kids care a lot about pointless celebrities. They pay attention to how they dress, how they dance, what they say. Girls tend to be more interested in celebrity, for boys it's sports. Although athletes are steadily becoming celebrities themselves.

Celebrities really aren't that unimportant considering the influence they have over children. There are many artists and movie stars who influence change, promote charities, and generally do the good deeds that their status and wealth allows. There are others, then, who are not socially conscious and do little to contribute to the fortunes of their communities. That is their choice - they're under no obligation to do anything other than entertain, kick a ball, or whatever it is they're paid to do.

Most girls will want to look like the pretty dancer on TV and most boys will want to score a winning goal/basket/touchdown. Kids like to play and dance and sing. We should pay attention to who they idolise and listen to what they have to say. If it's something profound and meaningful we can encourage that in a child. If it's shallow and self absorbed twaddle, then we can just hit the mute button.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to earlyriser For This Useful Post:

thewren (02-09-13)

Reviews

Captain Kirk and the Enterprise found her quite disagreeable too
    Genuine Panda Bear Punter - Eats Shoots & Leaves

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BJ99 For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (02-09-13), thewren (02-09-13)

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BJ99 View Post
    Captain Kirk and the Enterprise found her quite disagreeable too
    Brilliant

Is it just me or have they used two episodes for that video?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by earlyriser View Post
    Brilliant

Is it just me or have they used two episodes for that video?
    Nah! I think Miley only punished everyone with one take of that song
    Genuine Panda Bear Punter - Eats Shoots & Leaves

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast