Thread: What would you do... ?

Question What would you do... ?

I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Default .. and now .. ?

Question .. and here's the twist .. What would YOU do ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

I did step in one time in an apartment complex in Dublin.
    Next morning, got into my car, put it into reverse and the front wheels fell off. The ass…e had removed the wheel locknuts during the night
    Ah well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thewren For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (30-08-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I intervened once, it involved a relation of mine(cousin) who had an abusive husband and i met up with him and gave him a
    bit of perspective on the situation showed him what it felt like from the other side. I explained if he ever touched her again that i
    would crank it up a few notches. What i was most mad about she had 2 brothers who did feck all about it. To this day i have
    no respect for them over that. My cousin was very grateful and has often spoken of it, they have a family and i suspect thats why
    she has held the family unit together, while there is no abuse now the relationship is not what it should be, even though they are together i feel what happened always remains there
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (30-08-13), Rocker123 (30-08-13)

Reviews

Have experience where a woman is abusive both physically and verbally to a man. It happened to one of my Uncles, he was abused by his wife. It got so bad eventually he had to leave the house which he had to continue paying the mortgage on. From that day on he had no contact with his children until he was seriously ill and dying.

Alot of the attention always focuses on men abusing women and very liitle attention is given to women abusing men.

Quote Originally Posted by thewren View Post
    I did step in one time in an apartment complex in Dublin.
    Next morning, got into my car, put it into reverse and the front wheels fell off. The ass…e had removed the wheel locknuts during the night
    Ah well.
    Do you regret having stepped in ? xx

{I shouldn't really, but I can just totally imagine the scene : in reverse, wheels falling off -- it's funny [now].
    Scene from a sitcom or so >> could see Kramer getting into such a bind }

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

thewren (02-09-13)

11. Default

You know I couldn't help notice the different responses in this video. With the first woman, male diners were very quick to come to her aid. There seemed to be a much slower response to the second woman's distress until that one lady plucked up the courage to intervene.

I haven't been in a situation like this so I can't say for sure what action I'd take. I have had to diffuse arguments and a particular ex of mine had a brother-in-law who was quick to temper with a history of abusive behaviour (many years ago before I knew him). One cop I spoke to when I lived in the UK would always advise the public to call the police as he had known of numerous times when someone had intervened in domestic disputes only to be set upon by both abuser and victim.

The difference in reactions between a man arguing a woman and a man abjuring a woman is very interesting.

I think the double standard is normal, and I'd probably be guilty of it myself. However it indicates something wrong with our perceptions that if a woman is angry with a man then she probably has good reason whereas vice versa he doesn't.