Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you own any pets?

I want a dog I want either a Border Collie, a German Shepherd, a Jack Russell, or a Husky

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (21-08-13)

I have 3 boxers!.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 10inchesandcounting For This Useful Post:

thewren (21-08-13)

Reviews

Maybe I'm being too melodramatic/naturalistic here but I hate that whole terminology of 'owning' another animal. I've had pets in the past (mainly dogs) and yes some of them I 'bought' but I've always considered them as members of the family and nothing less.

Now I can think of some individuals here that will vomit at the what I've just said, but all the above are my beliefs and dammit I'm just as entitled to them as anyone .: LDM
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

bulmers19 (21-08-13), Derrydoggystyle (22-08-13), Fitzy (21-08-13), garconix (21-08-13), Lara Mills (21-08-13), Nicole (21-08-13), Stephanie (21-08-13), thewren (21-08-13)

Reviews

Ana check with the ikc for reg breeders of chow chow s they are here if not they can put you in contact with people who do breed them

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Maybe I'm being too melodramatic/naturalistic here but I hate that whole terminology of 'owning' another animal. I've had pets in the past (mainly dogs) and yes some of them I 'bought' but I've always considered them as members of the family and nothing less.

Now I can think of some individuals here that will vomit at the what I've just said, but all the above are my beliefs and dammit I'm just as entitled to them as anyone .: LDM

Yes family for me for sure. !!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (21-08-13)

Well said

Nothing like coming back from a really bad day at work to find the one animal that will love you no matter what wagging its tail at you

(See this comic for an example)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (21-08-13), thewren (21-08-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

your not entitled to your own opionins weve talked about this ffs

but your right ive a dog and she is part of the family , my ma and da talk to her as if human and we ask the dog wheres mammy wheres daddy ? and she knows who we mean

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yamser For This Useful Post:

Derrydoggystyle (22-08-13), garconix (21-08-13), ladiesman217 (21-08-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Yamser View Post
    your not entitled to your own opionins weve talked about this ffs

but your right ive a dog and she is part of the family , my ma and da talk to her as if human and we ask the dog wheres mammy wheres daddy ? and she knows who we mean
    Exactly! Dogs are intelligent and no one's gonna tell me otherwise!

Just a quick thing I want to say when getting new pets. I know that the thoughts of getting a little puppy or kitten are amazing, but please consider adopting an older dog/cat from some of the sanctuaries/homes nationwide instead.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

garconix (21-08-13), Irish Leigha (21-08-13), Stephanie (21-08-13), TiffanyTees (22-08-13), Yamser (21-08-13)

Exactly! Dogs are intelligent and no one's gonna tell me otherwise!

Just a quick thing I want to say when getting new pets. I know that the thoughts of getting a little puppy or kitten are amazing, but please consider adopting an older dog/cat from some of the sanctuaries/homes nationwide instead.
    I want to rescue a dog when I eventually get one. My dad rescued his, my ex rescued his, and a friend of mine rescued hers too. The amount of people who get them as a cute little puppy and then don't want them when they grow up is ridiculous

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

garconix (21-08-13), ladiesman217 (21-08-13), Lerxst (21-08-13), Nicole (21-08-13)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patty For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (21-08-13), Lara Mills (21-08-13)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast