Thread: Deadpool Game Review

Default Deadpool Game Review

Deadpool: The Game Review

LDM's Wolverine post inspired me to review a game that has received rather mixed reviews. It stars one of our favourite Marvel Anti-Heroes, Deadpool, and is an action beat 'em up/shoot 'em up game. The story is an odd one, with the main character clearly being aware that he is in a game and frequently breaking the fourth wall to talk to the player.

To truly enjoy this game, you must not have expectations of it. If you take it as a big game about a Marvel character with lots of intense action and things, you'll be disappointed. If you instead take it as a big of fun, you'll love it. There are so many interesting and fun little snippets throughout the game that will have you laughing away that it makes up for the slight easy-feeling of the game controls (for some examples and achievement guides, click here).

It is genuinely a good laugh and a good bit of fun. I found that I enjoyed it far more when I used it as stress relief, and the cameos from others characters make it interesting (Wolverine, Cable, and Psylocke anyone?)

I think my favourite thing about the game is that it IS Deadpool. Instead of changing him to make him suit a game better, they've kept him the way he is (complete with his personalities). The ending is fun too, with the revelation that Deadpool hasn't blown the entire budget for the game, and so decides to fill the credits with lots of explosion... as Deadpool would!

If you are familiar with the Marvel universe, I suggest giving it a go. If I were to rate it, I would give it:

8.5 out of 10

It is a good game, with some room for improvement, but the comedy value just makes it that much more enjoyable. I'll now leave you with Wade:

Last edited by lara; 29-07-13 at 13:44.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

Tony soprano22 (29-07-13)

i was thinking of giving this game a thrashing but in order to do that id have to quit far cry 3 decisions decisions

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony soprano22 For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (29-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony soprano22 View Post
    i was thinking of giving this game a thrashing but in order to do that id have to quit far cry 3 decisions decisions
    Oh don't quit it yet bro, awesome game all the way to the finish. Best game i've ever owned.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (29-07-13), Tony soprano22 (29-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PeepingTom View Post
    Oh don't quit it yet bro, awesome game all the way to the finish. Best game i've ever owned.
    Have to agree with the Peeper there. Far Cry 3 is a great game, so finish that before you try something else

I speak from experience - I tend to give up on games and then never finish them

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

TomEA (29-07-13), Tony soprano22 (29-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PeepingTom View Post

it is just epic in fairness, far cry love the stealth aproach but damn them tigers *fistshake*

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony soprano22 For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (29-07-13), TomEA (29-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony soprano22 View Post
    it is just epic in fairness, far cry love the stealth aproach but damn them tigers *fistshake*
    And that, right there, is why I gave up on Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    And that, right there, is why I gave up on Far Cry 3
    Last sniper you unlock on the game, whack the big scope on that f***er and nothing can stop you MUHAHAHAH.

(Do as many of those towers as you can before you move on with the story line and you get most of the guns for free)
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (29-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    Have to agree with the Peeper there. Far Cry 3 is a great game, so finish that before you try something else

I speak from experience - I tend to give up on games and then never finish them
    really enjoying far cry i think i owe xtra vision like 4000 euro by now i rented it god knows how long ago ...must return is offically on the to-do l
    ist

Thats right folks....far cry 4 more than a possibility http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/15/ub...is-on-its-way/
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno