Thread: Over 30,000 expected for Dublin Pride festivities

Default Over 30,000 expected for Dublin Pride festivities

Over 30,000 expected for Dublin Pride festivities

Organisers expect this year’s parade will be the biggest yet

Quote Originally Posted by The Irish Times
    Tens of thousands of people will take to the streets of the captial this afternoon in celebration of 30 years of Dublin Pride.
    Over 30,000 people are expected to join in this year’s LGBT parade, the theme of which is Live, Love and Be Proud.
    Will Swatman of Dublin Pride said participants and spectators can expect “loads of colour, loads of flags, loads dancing, loads of fun” with 64 groups taking part and over 10 floats including an Alice in Wonderland themed offering by youth group BeLong2 while the George will also participate with what is described as a “club on wheels”.
    Mr Swatman said this year’s parade would be the biggest and best yet given that this is a big anniversary year: 30 years since the first Dublin Pride and 20 years since the decriminalisation of homosexuality.
    “People want to celebrate how far they’ve come,” he said.
    Set up has already begun in the Garden of Remembrance and the main crowds will assemble there at 2pm before making their way down O’Connell Street to Westmoreland Street, passing in front of Trinity and onto Nassau Street and then onto Clare Street before reaching Merrion Square where an open-air stage and fun-fair will be open from 3pm.
    Rolling road closures will be in place in the capital between 2pm and 3.30pm and drivers can expect delays between these times.
    Source: click here

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (29-06-13), Clyde (29-06-13), LaBelleThatcher (29-06-13), princesss (29-06-13), sexy lady (29-06-13), TiffanyTees (29-06-13)

Reviews

City Centre is going to be packed tonight! This time last year, me and my buddies started a bar crawl from Wicklow Street right up to Georges Street, not knowing the gay pride was that day, and damn, the place was ridiculously crowded.

Reviews

There will be a lot of fella's walking like John Wayne tomorrow.

Blog Entries

I would love to have been there today, followed by a night out

Tiff xxx

" Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	81754

Clyde's already there ....hi hi hi
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

Clyde (29-06-13)