Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel

Reviews

Sounds like children and teenagers would love it but not one for those who remember the original.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

There is the curse of superman, the men who played superman haven't much luck after.
    George reeves fifties tv superman died in mysterious circumstances, relived in the excellent film hollywoodland, starring in a career saving performance, Ben afflick.

Christopher reeves died after years of paraplegia following a fall from his horse.

Dean cains career went down the toilet following his popular tv superman.

Brandon Roth, was that his name, hasn't been heard of since the last superman reboot.

Don't know anything about this new guy, or the smallville Clark Kent, never watched it, but it was on for years.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

Davidgolf (26-06-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    There is the curse of superman, the men who played superman haven't much luck after.
    George reeves fifties tv superman died in mysterious circumstances, relived in the excellent film hollywoodland, starring in a career saving performance, Ben afflick.

Christopher reeves died after years of paraplegia following a fall from his horse.

Dean cains career went down the toilet following his popular tv superman.

Brandon Roth, was that his name, hasn't been heard of since the last superman reboot.

Don't know anything about this new guy, or the smallville Clark Kent, never watched it, but it was on for years.
    i thought i saw somewhere that margot kidder aka ( lois lane ) ended up on the street for a while

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Davidgolf View Post
    i thought i saw somewhere that margot kidder aka ( lois lane ) ended up on the street for a while
    Family Guy?
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Davidgolf View Post
    And Christopher reeves widow got cancer and died too.

Also in superman 1, Brandos name was above the title of the film, and above the guy that played superman, even though he was only in it for five or six minutes.

Blog Entries

Smallville was great, better stories than in the comics-and It may very well been because I spent most of my time drooling at all the fine boyz they cast lol

Won't see the movie because Smallville aside I have difficulty buying into the idea of Superman.

I think at this Stage Superman is like Madonna. They should retire him, from Screen at least, whilst he still remains the epitome of all that made Golden era Comic books great.
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Smallville was great, better stories than in the comics-and It may very well been because I spent most of my time drooling at all the fine boyz they cast lol

Won't see the movie because Smallville aside I have difficulty buying into the idea of Superman.

I think at this Stage Superman is like Madonna. They should retire him, from Screen at least, whilst he still remains the epitome of all that made Golden era Comic books great.
    Justin Hartley fan huh?
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    Don't mind him!!

It was good. Alright it wasn't spectacular by any means, certainly nowhere near in the league of Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. Is it worth watching? Yes. Worth watching more than once? I'm reluctant to answer that with a yes. It's dark and somewhat sombre, which is something you don't see much in Superman films. Look at it this way, it's better than that shite 'Superman Returns'. And to be fair to Henry Cavill, I think he was very good at the role.

If I had to give it a rating.....

7/10
    I actually preferred Man of Steel to the Dark Knight trilogy. I loved the original Superman films, and I found this one really enjoyable too. Of course, it didn't hurt that Henry Cavill was the man himself (om nom nom) but it was a great film in my opinion. I felt thoroughly immersed in it, and didn't come out of the Superman world until the end. Can't wait for the second

The Dark Knight trilogy frustrated me... Batman Begins was a great film (though it did irritate me that they had the family seeing a play about giant bats... come on! That isn't what happened!), Dark Knight was good (Heath Ledger played a terrifying Joker, though he isn't my favourite). Dark Knight Rises had so many holes in it, and it was predictable (*cough* Talia Al Ghul *cough*).

Of course, this is just my opinion, and you may have one entirely different, so there we go

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    I actually preferred Man of Steel to the Dark Knight trilogy. I loved the original Superman films, and I found this one really enjoyable too. Of course, it didn't hurt that Henry Cavill was the man himself (om nom nom) but it was a great film in my opinion. I felt thoroughly immersed in it, and didn't come out of the Superman world until the end. Can't wait for the second

The Dark Knight trilogy frustrated me... Batman Begins was a great film (though it did irritate me that they had the family seeing a play about giant bats... come on! That isn't what happened!), Dark Knight was good (Heath Ledger played a terrifying Joker, though he isn't my favourite). Dark Knight Rises had so many holes in it, and it was predictable (*cough* Talia Al Ghul *cough*).

Of course, this is just my opinion, and you may have one entirely different, so there we go
    der fledermaus isn't a play about bats, it's an opera, you know classy like........

All these film are a bit 'far fetched' that's the point of them really.

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    der fledermaus isn't a play about bats, it's an opera, you know classy like........

All these film are a bit 'far fetched' that's the point of them really.
    I know that, I just mean that what they saw in the comic books is very different Instead they were like "right, we need to make it so obvious that he is scared of bats, so GIANT BATS" and all that jazz instead of what the play/opera was

I'm sorry, I'm a very un-classy bird

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast