Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game on: Xbox 720 and PS4 go head to head

Reviews

Xbox One. Why is it so fucking big?

Reviews

So much shite, so much.

Also, they've blocked used games or ever giving your friend a loan of a game ....... unless you want to pay to play it. But what if you and your brother or sister are sharing the console and both want separate accounts?

They'll have to pay to play it on their account.

#RIP Microsoft, ya had a good run.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-al...used-509077987

What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner.

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

But what if a second person simply wanted to put the disc in and play the game without installing – and without paying extra? In other words, what happens to our traditional concept of a “used game”? This is a question for which Microsoft did not yet have an answer, and is surely something that game buyers (as well as renters and lenders) will want to know.

Sony are one of the most anti-consumer companies in the world. They have a long history of fucking over the end user.
    Part of their marketing spiel for the PS3 showcased it's ability to run Yellow Dog Linux and plenty of consoles were bought on the strength of this. In later firmware updates this ability was removed completely. The PS4 will be no different because Sony never learns from its past mistakes.

The best bang-for-your-buck gaming will not be found on either the XBox 720 or the PS4, but on the PC with a "Steam" account, there's always bargains to be had - the christmas and summer sales lasts about two weeks each and you'll often see recent titles going for €10 - €15 at these times.

Reviews

Its amazing that one announcement that literally kill your console before it even hits the shops.What the fuck are microsoft thinking blocking used games and pushing a gimmicky tv and app feature when the main focus sho.uld be games.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    I can't figure out which I am looking forward to...

As a child, I grew up with the PlayStation. I still have the original and the PS2, and I loved them. But then, when I was older, I ended up with an Xbox and I've grown to love the big controller. Now I have a PS3 and an Xbox... and I can't decide which I like more.

I haven't heard a great deal about the Xbox, so I think I'm more looking forward to the PS4, given the gameplay footage that has been released as a teaser. When the Xbox has been officially revealed, then I'll try and decide which I want
    Same here. Had the PS1 and PS2 but then decided to get the Xbox 360 instead of PS3. Now it's my console of choice and don't see that changing soon. Have also bought the PS3 since but it's just not getting any game time at all.

Will buy Xbox One on release day and buy the PS4 further down the line, probably after a year or so.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post
    Xbox One. Why is it so fucking big?

Holy shit that thing is huge! And they have changed the controller. What was wrong with the old shaped one?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bumleg View Post
    Holy shit that thing is huge! And they have changed the controller. What was wrong with the old shaped one?

Apart from the Xbox button being moved upwards slightly, it's still pretty much the same
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xbox-Controller-RHS78-TransBG-RGB-2013-png_184842.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	79691  

Reviews

I didn't bothered watching it all. Anyone got any interesting details... price, release date, release titles etc?

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteNoob View Post
    So much shite, so much.

Also, they've blocked used games or ever giving your friend a loan of a game ....... unless you want to pay to play it. But what if you and your brother or sister are sharing the console and both want separate accounts?

They'll have to pay to play it on their account.

#RIP Microsoft, ya had a good run.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-al...used-509077987
    To be honest, developers are losing millions a year in revenue because of software piracy, video game stores selling copies preowned for a fiver less (making higher margin than selling it new) and people flogging the games on eBay or Amazon. The quality of games is getting better and developers tend to need a team the size it would take to make a Hollywood movie. Unlike the music industry that are just churning out shite on one single contracts because of the longevity of current artists, it seems that the gaming industry are taking proactive action, so that they get a piece of the pie they are being deprived.

However, I do think that if developers are going to be doing this, they should meet people half-way and not charge £49.99 (the price of a new gen console launch title, usually £39.99) they should charge about £25-£30 for a game instead. In the long term, games won't depreciate in value as quickly because people can buy them second hand anyway, and they will be charging people a fee for buying preowned stock so more people will buy a new title.

So, I understand why developers are doing this, but I don't agree with having to continue paying full whack for a game when they are making money on top of that with DLC, limited edition versions of games, season passes and now a charge for preowned game buyers.

I have placed a preorder on the Xbox One and look forward to seeing what Sony will announce at the E3 conference this year.
    Last edited by samlad; 22-05-13 at 09:43.

Reviews

Where did you Pre-Order?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast