Thread: Todays Irish Times

Reviews

Default Todays Irish Times

Start the week with a small article about human trafficing with the claim 75% of all human trafficing in Ireland is for sex purposes ,but when you get to read the article is then goes on th say the 75% in actual human beings is 37 people ,I suppose 75% looks better in the heading than 37 people trafficed in Ireland last year for sex purposes ,and then I wondered who had actually reported these people as being in danger ,expect more earth moving headlines as the week goes on

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zoozoozoo For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (07-05-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zoozoozoo View Post
    Start the week with a small article about human trafficing with the claim 75% of all human trafficing in Ireland is for sex purposes ,but when you get to read the article is then goes on th say the 75% in actual human beings is 37 people ,I suppose 75% looks better in the heading than 37 people trafficed in Ireland last year for sex purposes ,and then I wondered who had actually reported these people as being in danger ,expect more earth moving headlines as the week goes on
    Sure it must be true,it is in the newspaper,another slow week so.

I wondered why they had deleted all comments off Saturday's articles...

This level of media manipulation is crazy...anyone who STILL wonders how the Nazis managed to murder 7 million Jews without anyone much noticing needs remedial education...

NOBODY KNOWS that sex workers DO NOT SUPPORT TORL. Literally, nobody knows...

Any link to go with that? I can't find it.
    Last edited by LaBelleThatcher; 07-05-13 at 12:44.

Reviews

CTN news last night said that most trafficking is to third world countries either for sex or slavery It told the story of one Filipino girl who was eventually trafficked to Iraq...She thought she was going to Italy...She now works in her own country with people who have been traficked.

Quote Originally Posted by gaze View Post
    CTN news last night said that most trafficking is to third world countries either for sex or slavery It told the story of one Filipino girl who was eventually trafficked to Iraq...She thought she was going to Italy...She now works in her own country with people who have been traficked.
    And OF COURSE Iraq would have some of the most liberal, pro-prostitution laws in the world to encourage this

...and DESPITE the little blip called "Saddam" Iraq as the biblical and archaeologically established cradle of civilisation as we know it I suspect Iraq would dispute the "3rd world" designation too.