Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Fergie

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    A sentiment echoed by Fergie himself,still think Liverpool is going in the right direction.
    Same here, big summer for us.

As for Fergie, fair play to him. He has re-invented the team over and over again, so any accusation that he just struck lucky with the class of 1992 coming through.

Big shoes to fill, though it is looking like Moyes

Reviews

What a legend. It's gonna be weird not seeing Fergie standing at the side lines screaming at the officials, he's been there since I was 6 or 7. Nobody is ever going to fill his shoes, lookin' forward to seeing who gets the job and how they get on at it. I honestly thought he'd another season in him, but with surgery etc it's the right time.

It'll be nice to Sir Bobby & Sir Alex sitting in the stands watching their team play.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post
    What a legend. It's gonna be weird not seeing Fergie standing at the side lines screaming at the officials, he's been there since I was 6 or 7. Nobody is ever going to fill his shoes, lookin' forward to seeing who gets the job and how they get on at it. I honestly thought he'd another season in him, but with surgery etc it's the right time.

It'll be nice to Sir Bobby & Sir Alex sitting in the stands watching their team play.
    I really think if it wasn't for the surgery he would have stayed until the 30 years. Sadly he won't be as mobile and I think that was the clincher

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    Same here, big summer for us.

As for Fergie, fair play to him. He has re-invented the team over and over again, so any accusation that he just struck lucky with the class of 1992 coming through.

Big shoes to fill, though it is looking like Moyes
    Big shoes to fill alright, there's also talk of Jurgen Klopp from Borussia Dortmund as a possible replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Big shoes to fill alright, there's also talk of Jurgen Klopp from Borussia Dortmund as a possible replacement.
    I was speaking to someone in the office and how we both rated him (the exact template Rodgers said he wasnt at our place)

Have to say though, i think they will want a 'name', and due to the English arrogance towards the German league, it won't be Klopp.

Though I think he could be the best man for the job
    Last edited by Martin Mod; 08-05-13 at 11:30.

Reviews

I really think if it wasn't for the surgery he would have stayed until the 30 years. Sadly he won't be as mobile and I think that was the clincher
    Give him a year or so to recover, he might pull a Scholes.

And there you have the problem with his staying in the background...you are already mentioning him coming back, and let's face it, the fans will call for it if they lose two games on the bounce.

When Paisley took over from Shanks, Shanks used to come to training and the players called him boss. Paisley ended up making sure Shanks had to stay away from the ground.

It is exactly what I would do now if I was the new fella

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I've heard Steve Staunton's name being said. So i did. . Banana skin.

Reviews

I was speaking to someone in the office and how we both rated him (the exact template Rodgers said he wasnt at our place)

Have to say though, i think they will want a 'name', and due to the English arrogance towards the German league, it won't be Klopp.

Though I think he could be the best man for the job
    Which would be a pity as I think Klopp did one hell of a job with Dortmund.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jericho For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (08-05-13)

Reviews

Pmsl,having seen what happened when sir Matt moved upstairs the same could happen now,though if it is Moyes he has a strong enough character to weather the storm.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast