Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Margaret thatcher dead

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    A lot of things could have happened. People fought and died for this peace, it seems some cannot forget. There were serious atrocities on both sides, remember Corporal Clegg? There comes a time you have to let go and move on for your children. That war didn't leave England unscathed. No one won.
    Plus most of the people that were blown up had Irish connections,took a long time for a bit of common sense to break out.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Rather than dismantle the old boys network, she cemented it in place, it is still there today, just richer for having been handed the keys to utilities which they raped.Yes the unions got out of hand and needed to be brought under control, but not at the expense of the coal industry, we still use coal, it just comes from Poland now. The working classes could by their council houses, but now there is an extreme shortage of social housing for those in need because she didnīt enable more housing to be built. Her embrace of carefree capatilisim helped lead to the rising cost of property creating an artifical bubble waiting to pop.She is no more entitled to a state funeral than Diana was, but hey I wonīt be going or watching so they can do what they want with her. Roast her on a spit if they want.
    You mean the devil will have a double's partner ?,same could be said of most politicans.For a second I thought you meant Dana,when will that talentless interloper feck off back to America.
    Last edited by very shy guy; 08-04-13 at 20:50.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Whether right or wrong I have only negative pro Irish views of Maggie Thatcher.

She was the best recruiter the IRA ever had because of her stance with the hunger strikers etc.

She also was against all southern Ireland influence on the North and in seeking a peaceful resolution.

She treated Garret Fitzgerald with contempt with her out out out comments etc.

Charlie Haughey famously stood her up for a meeting in Brussels once. He also gave her a present of a tea pot!

In fairness she did an about turn and signed the Anglo Irish agreement which led to the peace process and she was a strong leader. ( we could do with strong leaders in Ireland these days)

Anyways these are my recollections of Thatcher whether fully accurate or not.
    Seek and you shall find!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UB40 For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (08-04-13), warmcome (08-04-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UB40 View Post
    Whether right or wrong I have only negative pro Irish views of Maggie Thatcher.

She was the best recruiter the IRA ever had because of her stance with the hunger strikers etc.

She also was against all southern Ireland influence on the North and in seeking a peaceful resolution.

She treated Garret Fitzgerald with contempt with her out out out comments etc.

Charlie Haughey famously stood her up for a meeting in Brussels once. He also gave her a present of a tea pot!

In fairness she did an about turn and signed the Anglo Irish agreement which led to the peace process and she was a strong leader. ( we could do with strong leaders in Ireland these days)

Anyways these are my recollections of Thatcher whether fully accurate or not.
    Spot on Ub40,it lead to a semblance of normality for the people of Northern Ireland which we all should be thankful for.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

UB40 (08-04-13)

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    You mean the devil will have a double's partner ?,same could be said of most politicans.For a second I thought you meant Dana,when will that talentless interloper feck off back to America.
    i'd be all for giving dana a state funeral if the bitch'd only die now!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2timesin30 For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (08-04-13)

Reviews

the girl had backbone, conviction. we need this.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 2timesin30 View Post
    i'd be all for giving dana a state funeral if the bitch'd only die now!
    Pmsl,christ,she is like a bad smell and so far up her own arse.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

If the old bag gets a State funeral,it would be a national holiday. Lets hope the unions call an anti-strike day and everybody goes to work instead

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    If the old bag gets a State funeral,it would be a national holiday. Lets hope the unions call an anti-strike day and everybody goes to work instead
    And there is me think you were her No.1 fan Mellor's,lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

mellors (08-04-13)

Reviews

Some celebrations on Lime Street tonight and rightfully so.My only regret is that I'm not there to raise a glass or 2.Hope that she rots in hell.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hotguy For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (09-04-13)

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast