Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 27 dead in a kids school ...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by n73 View Post
    You actually can mate but the licensing is strictly controlled unlike in The U.S. where it is a constitutional right to bear arms and as was said before, it's not the gun that's dangerous, it's the person pointing it.
    Agreed n73 just picture some of the durnk'd up people with no self control on a Saturday night with a gun pfffff

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the Joker For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (14-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    Imagine if Hitler had had internet access!!!!
    Ahhh..that's it then.
    There aren't really many rules on forums but isn't one of them that as soon as someone mentions Hitler, the argument/thread is pretty much over?
    Nice one Heather

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FullLife For This Useful Post:

UKHeather (15-12-12)

Quote Originally Posted by FullLife View Post
    ^^^^All of these comments are condemning America, including your own.

It's not like things are perfect here.
    Having said that, I think introducing something like the right to bear arms here, would worsen things drastically.
    Thank you, FullLife.

I just could not be bothered to collate it all xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by the Joker View Post
    Agreed n73 just picture some of the durnk'd up people with no self control on a Saturday night with a gun pfffff
    In Arizona we have 'open carry' law.

Before you go in to drink, you drop your weapon with the 'Innkeeper' , and you get it back when you leave.

I regularly go up to Sedona, and the first time I saw this in a bar in Prescott, well, my jaw dropped. Just like the Old West.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Arizona

** I just read wiki : Ha, apparently as of 2010, can carry concealed weapon without needing a permit.

I wonder if (God forbid) there have been any such massacres in Arizona ? What with such laws ??

Last edited by Stephanie; 14-12-12 at 23:11.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

the Joker (14-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I own a gun. I have always owned a gun. Back home I always have it handy, hence I can sit with my door open, letting the breeze in.

Everybody knows I own a gun.

I have pulled my weapon in self defence and was in a position to phone for the police, and transfer custody of the bad

guy that intended to do me harm.

I like my right to own a gun.

I think there should be much stricter laws on aquiring a gun (Psych background checks etc.) , but unfortunately the bad

guys can and will get a hold of weapons if/when they want. Or else resort to meat cleavers and knives.

I do not like the kneejerk reaction of condemning America. There are good guys, bad guys everywhere. Do our numbers.

What's the population of the States right now ? 309 MILLION people !! You are bound to get some psychos ..

It is indeed a very sad day, an unspeakable tragedy. And what is even sadder, is that it might have been prevented with

better social services, by being better neighbors and better families and paying more attention to the person next to you..

Anywhere.

In the world.
    Good post Stephanie,and this has happened all over the world,bad people will get a hold of guns,knives and explosives if they put their minds to it,I do think you have a problem with some of your fellow citizens Stephanie,a programme I watched of some idiots,you know the type,weekend hunters that should never even be let near a water pistol,I for one would be to near them if I was a hundred miles from them,another bunch of clowns are the Italians and French,shoot anything that moves,including blackbirds and other small song birds.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (14-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FullLife View Post
    ^^^^All of these comments are condemning America, including your own.

It's not like things are perfect here.
    Having said that, I think introducing something like the right to bear arms here, would worsen things drastically.
    Oh I don't know so much FL,open season on politicans and bankers ?,seriously though there needs to be revamp of the laws worldwide,the guards will take a legally held fire arm off you if they think you are basically an arsehole,why they can not do the same with criminals is beyond me.

Reviews

It is hard to imagine such a tragedy when these children were only days away from there holidays, to be at a time of the year when families come together and to have it all destroyed by evil people is sickening.
    The beauty of the internet is that there is always a 'close' button.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deven For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (15-12-12), UKHeather (15-12-12)

Reviews

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/wo...hina.html?_r=0 just saw this, I cant even believe this, has the world gone insane
    The beauty of the internet is that there is always a 'close' button.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deven For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (15-12-12), very shy guy (15-12-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Deven View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/wo...hina.html?_r=0 just saw this, I cant even believe this, has the world gone insane
    It looks as though it has Deven,it is truely a savage world.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Deven (15-12-12), Stephanie (15-12-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    In Cali there's background check before you can purchase a gun. I had to wait 5 days. I think that was the Brady Law ??

Yet there are so many loopholes !!

You can go to a gun show and buy a gun and ammunition, no checks (most of those gun shows would be Old World revolvers though,

S&W, Colts etc. , hunting rifles )

There's much wrong with the gun laws, but I do not see a workable solution :

-- US has a large hunter population. (I doubt any government would be able to disarm such a significant proportion of its citizens.)

-- I (and many) do believe there's a role for handguns in self defence.

But I am flabbergasted when the NRA try to defend citizens' right to own assault weapons.

Why on earth would a private citizen need an assault weapon ?

Yet most of these tragedies have been carried out by handguns ? Hunting rifles ?

Also, about the assault weapons : almost any gun with a magazine, can be converted to an automatic weapon in a mere few minutes..
    By Prescreening I meant there's no psych test you have to take. There are cooling off periods and background checks, but tho checks are only for preexisting felonies or mental issues.

No argument from me on the assault weapons.

It would be interesting to compile a list of the actual weapons used, but my guess would be that it's a fairly even mix.

There definitely are issues with the laws, a lot of it is caused by the seperation of federal and state government. This is a double edged sword though, once either side starts getting away with overstepping it's bounds in one area, a slippery slope begins.

The wiki page is very interesting. Over 60% of U.S. gun deaths are suicide....take those away and we match up with Austria. Also interesting that many countries in the list don't mention suicide or accidental rates.

You cannot effectively legislate two things: Morality and Psychosis. Both will find ways around any law.

Personally, I use a paintball pistol with pepperball rounds for home protection.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dodiddly For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (17-12-12)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast