Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bullying

Quote Originally Posted by Deven View Post
    That can be true and with that particular group I did feel one did not want to be involved but the rest certainly did, as a group there maybe a lessened sense of responsibility but not all are reluctant bystanders following the lead of one, there's always a core few in the group that are needed to keep it going.
    As much of a show as they put on, it tends to be the ring-leader that is in need of help more than the rest of the clan.

Bullying takes different forms as you get older.

When you are young you get the shit kicked out of you in the playground, or you get laughed at by the class for having the wrong trainers on or something pathetic.

When you get older you could have a boss who finds things to pick on out of personal distaste, or work colleagues whispering behind your back and making you feel uncomfortable. This is sometimes harder as the old 'give him a smack, he will soon back off' mantra doesn't work, and could get you in trouble with the law. people are felt even more helpless than then when they were a kid

I loathe nothing more than a bully.

Reviews

Bullying is people that just try to make other peoples life's as miserable as they can and they get there jollies off on it too, bullying can be all sorts of things like taking advantage of somebody and getting them to do something and then intimidating them, name calling is the worst form of bullying and insults at least a few cuts and bruises will heal but name calling and insults kinda stay deep inside you, they just are there to make your life suck!! its really easy to say ignore people when there not nice but its not that easy as so much tormenting and name calling and insults and been made fun off cuts a bit of your soul away and you end up in a very dark place and alone and isolated! fuck the bullies tho they obviously have had a very shitty life that they love tormenting other people to feel bigger just cause they cannot cope with there anger any other way they aim at the vulnerable people

bullying is so sad and in some extreme cases people feel so intimidated and alone that they take there own life! my motto in life now is if your bullied don't let them get on top of you and bite back twice as hard cause most bullies are just big cowards when they are confronted!

anyway everybody stay safe and have a lovely peaceful day remember it does not cost anything to smile

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

Deven (13-12-12), emmasweet (13-12-12)

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    That is AWFUL! What a tragedy

People often mistake bullying as a means of gaining some sort of superiority, but after working in education in the past, a sign of bullying is often a cry for help, and usually there is a problem at home and the young person doesn't know how to deal with their anger or frustration. Bullying can be a sign of weakness or an alarm for someone in need. There are of course arseholes who bully online because they think they are in control, like a puppet master, who can bully without fear of repercussion.

Like with many of our cyber-trolls on E-I, it always gives me some comfort to know that I am actually paid to deal with their trolling, and ironically, their trolling is actually keeping me in a job, so thank you internet trolls While I am sat her deleting your posts and nonchalantly banning your accounts, I'm chuckling to myself, thinking, "Why don't you just get a job? It must be a very hollow existence you live." For those that have jobs, I think, "Obviously you aren't being kept busy enough... how old are you to feel the need to fulfil your boredom by trolling on a sex website?" Bless 'em!
    This :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

samlad (13-12-12)

I would define bullying as simply taking advantage of others.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishAlex View Post
    What do you define as bullying?
    Bullying is behaviour of a physical or emotional nature which makes another feel threatened/excluded and/or inferior. To be classified as "bullying", the behaviour must be 1. intentional (carried out to make another feel threatened etc as above and 2. the behaviour must be repeated.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker123 View Post
    Bullying is behaviour of a physical or emotional nature which makes another feel threatened/excluded and/or inferior. To be classified as "bullying", the behaviour must be 1. intentional (carried out to make another feel threatened etc as above and 2. the behaviour must be repeated.
    I forgot to add: if the behaviour is not repeated you are just a thug and an asshole.
    However if it is repeated then you are a bully.... As well as a thug and an asshole!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker123 View Post
    I forgot to add: if the behaviour is not repeated you are just a thug and an asshole.
    However if it is repeated then you are a bully.... As well as a thug and an asshole!!!
    One occurrence does not mean that it is not bullying. I don't agree with this statement. A thug is just another type of bully. A violent one.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishAlex View Post
    What do you define as bullying?
    Just to be flippant on a serious thread, two words.........'Sweet Rachel ' !

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Just to be flippant on a serious thread, two words.........'Sweet Rachel ' !
    Just to be flippant on a serious thread... ay.. I'm too nice and controlled to go there xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast