Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Desperate Dan

Reviews

Default RIP Desperate Dan

As the Dany comic ceased to be a print publication this week,is this the end of Desperate Dan ?,as someone who grew up loving it and other now defunct comics I was wondering are there any other fans on here that mourn its passing ?.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

playthegame (07-12-12), samlad (07-12-12), The D Man (07-12-12)

Reviews

Those cowpies must have finally done him in

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkeye View Post
    Those cowpies must have finally done him in
    Going to have to have a look back as they all seem to blur now,but who remembers Lord snooty,the 3 bears,korky,I could be confusing some of the Beano charactors,bully beef and chips used to be on the back in the good old days,tin ribs,was Roger the Dodger Dandy or Beano ?.

Reviews

Oh happy days they were . dandy beano spike what did we now they were our world every Saturday our trek to the shop

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nibb For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (07-12-12), very shy guy (07-12-12)

Blog Entries

Every Christmas my Mum would have an annual wrapped up under the tree for me and my bro. It was the one present we were allowed to open by ourselves before she got up, so we could get back in bed and read it until a more reasonable hour. I have had many many happy hours reading both the Beano and Dandy as a child and will have fond memories for years to come.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

mellors (08-12-12), nibb (07-12-12), very shy guy (07-12-12)

Reviews

I loved Dan when I was younger. When my folks sold the family home 15 years ago we had to gut the place. I was sorting through some random boxes of paper work and I found my desperate dan pie eaters club membership pack. Probably would have gotten a fiver for it on eBay.

My personal favourite from Viz. Desperately unfunny Dan...an absolute classic

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

Big J (07-12-12), mr.britvic (07-12-12), samlad (07-12-12), very shy guy (07-12-12)

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    As the Dany comic ceased to be a print publication this week,is this the end of Desperate Dan ?,as someone who grew up loving it and other now defunct comics I was wondering are there any other fans on here that mourn its passing ?.
    I would get the Beano, my brother the Dandy. We got them since the early 80's when Dennis' Dad was allowed to paste Dennis with his slipper

Reviews

The Dandy and Beano annuals were regular books in the house. Probably still have some, must take a look around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast