Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question??????

1. Default Question??????

Here is a question I would love to have an answer to, I was brought up as a Christian and I believe the Tenets of that Faith; Love thy Neighbour, Do Onto others as You Would Have Them do Unto You and many other wonderful thoughts and ideas designed to help people live with each other in a contented and peaceful way. I left the Catholic Church as I did not think they were living up to the true Christian Beliefs, they to me seemed to have another agenda. So here is the question;What business is it of any religion to be so interested and so prescriptive about the Sexual activities of its followers????? I understand them trying to help those who are Trafficked into the Sex Trade and that is a noble endeavor. But to me it seems that while over 30,000 Children die each day from starvation and disese, the efforts and resources in both time and money they put into noseing about in our Sex Lives surley could be put to better use. I would be interested in others views on this.
    It is of no importance who you vote for, what makes the difference is who counts the votes.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to suntem For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (08-11-12), Big J (08-11-12), Clyde (08-11-12), dr love (08-11-12), Luna Nueva (08-11-12), mymann (08-11-12), very shy guy (08-11-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Do as I say , not as I do comes to mind .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

mymann (08-11-12), suntem (08-11-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by suntem View Post
    Here is a question I would love to have an answer to, I was brought up as a Christian and I believe the Tenets of that Faith; Love thy Neighbour, Do Onto others as You Would Have Them do Unto You and many other wonderful thoughts and ideas designed to help people live with each other in a contented and peaceful way. I left the Catholic Church as I did not think they were living up to the true Christian Beliefs, they to me seemed to have another agenda. So here is the question;What business is it of any religion to be so interested and so prescriptive about the Sexual activities of its followers????? I understand them trying to help those who are Trafficked into the Sex Trade and that is a noble endeavor. But to me it seems that while over 30,000 Children die each day from starvation and disese, the efforts and resources in both time and money they put into noseing about in our Sex Lives surley could be put to better use. I would be interested in others views on this.
    Religion was used by most countries to control it's people and all PM's and presidents were happy to go along with it.
    Nothing wrong with religion provided it's not fanatical.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mymann For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (08-11-12), dr love (08-11-12), Sexy Samantha British (08-11-12), suntem (08-11-12)

Reviews

I have always thought the same and wondered, why it is so important for various faiths to become involved in the sexual relations of their followers and also their marraige status. I would think this is something for a state to define based on the views of the population. What I always find strange is that each religion I find out about appears to have a position on marraige, sexual orientation and behaviour. Surely this is a personal aspect of a persons life and should obviously conform with the laws of the country rather than of any one sect.

Personally, when I see vast wealth been retained by a religion when it could be used to the benefit of society better I can never understand where the true kernal of goodness that I presume forms the basis of the origin of that religion got lost.

I accept that their may be religions that I do not enough knowledge about that may not behave like this, if so, apologies in advance, you are not included. I also belief that the laws of the land must be respected so an not condoning any right to behave as one wishes.

I was brought up a Catholic and attended a secondry school that is infamous for sexual abuse of teh students by priests. Thankfully I never experienced any of that, however, so many priests have obviously had sexual interests that they could not supress even whilst preaching the opposite.It has always made feel that they would have been better off not trying to control so much of peoples lives and that ultimately religion may have had a more sustainable place in peoples lifes achieving all the good things it can achieve if it had been so.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

suntem (08-11-12)

Reviews

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mymann View Post
    Religion was used by most countries to control it's people and all PM's and presidents were happy to go along with it.
    Nothing wrong with religion provided it's not fanatical.
    So true, indeed it could be said that Govt. evolved from religion, it is a fact that the early Church (catholic) were total policical animals. But recently, at least since the 30s 40s the seperation of Church and State is seen as essential. I agree that there is nothing wrong with religion in principle I am certain it can be a good thing, it is their obsession with the sexual activities of the general public that I find objectionable.
    It is of no importance who you vote for, what makes the difference is who counts the votes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to suntem For This Useful Post:

mymann (08-11-12)

Religion - Glorified Hitlers

“Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (08-11-12), Clyde (08-11-12), suntem (08-11-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by suntem View Post
    So true, indeed it could be said that Govt. evolved from religion, it is a fact that the early Church (catholic) were total policical animals. But recently, at least since the 30s 40s the seperation of Church and State is seen as essential. I agree that there is nothing wrong with religion in principle I am certain it can be a good thing, it is their obsession with the sexual activities of the general public that I find objectionable.
    Their obsession with sexual activities is thankfully a thing of the past as far as i am aware.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mymann For This Useful Post:

suntem (08-11-12)

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mymann View Post
    Their obsession with sexual activities is thankfully a thing of the past as far as i am aware.
    The banning of the use of Condoms, the Condemnation of Homosexuals,the outspoken belief that Sex outside of Marriage is a Sin, this current Pope before he took office as Pontiff was the Churches Enforcer, he excummicated 6 priests for handing out Condoms because they believed it was better to go against the Church's Law on this than for People to be exposed to Aids, yet he did nothing about the Priests who were involved in child abuse. Now I do not know about you but I think that is interfering in the sexual activities of Lay people. (and the pun was intentional )

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suntem For This Useful Post:

Clyde (08-11-12), mymann (08-11-12), warmcome (08-11-12)

Reviews

19. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

suntem (08-11-12)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast