Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3.06 Silence: Hillsborough - The TRUTH

Wicklow37 Guest

Kelvin McKenzie has issued a full apology. 23 years too late.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wicklow37 For This Useful Post:

client030314 (12-09-12), redforever (12-09-12)

Another example of that rag The Sun news paper, I wouldn’t wipe my arse with the sun.

Below is a copy of the headline The Sun published blaming the Liverpool fans for what happened on the terrible day:-

Kelvin MacKenzie was the editor at The Sun when the paper ran a front page story blaming fans for the Hillsborough tragedy. It had the headline "The Truth", followed by three sub-headlines: "Some fans picked pockets of victims", "Some fans urinated on the brave cops" and "Some fans beat up PC giving kiss of life".

This is an apology he’s just issued, too little too late in my book:-

Kelvin MacKenzie, former editor of the Sun: "Today I offer my profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool for that headline. I too was totally misled. Twenty-three ago I was handed a piece of copy from a reputable news agency in Sheffield, in which a senior police officer and a senior local MP were making serious allegations against fans in the stadium. I had absolutely no reason to believe that these authority figures would lie and deceive over such a disaster. As the prime minister has made clear, these allegations were wholly untrue and were part of a concerted plot by police officers to discredit the supporters thereby shifting the blame for the tragedy from themselves. It has taken more than two decades, 400,000 documents and a two-year inquiry to discover to my horror that it would have been far more accurate had I written the headline The Lies rather than The Truth. I published in good faith and I am sorry that it was so wrong."
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Remember Boris Johnson saying that the Police were a convenient scapegoat, the Sun was only guilty of daring to talk about the wider reasons for the tragedy, the drunk Liverpool fans mindless tries to storm the ground and that Liverpool wallows in it's victim status

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

sharkskin (13-09-12), very shy guy (12-09-12)

In reference to Mckenzie, I can remember in 'To be a Somebody' (The Cracker episode that launched Robert Carlyle's acting career) the Sun journo telling Carlyle's character 'Albie' that they were only reporting what they had been told.

Albie replied "But you believed it"

McKenzie can stick his apology where the sun doesn't shine

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

client030314 (12-09-12), JohnRambo (12-09-12), redforever (12-09-12), SecretaryLover (12-09-12)

Reviews

mckenzie is scum http://t.co/K006U6Zp

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j81 For This Useful Post:

client030314 (12-09-12), JohnRambo (12-09-12), redforever (12-09-12)

Reviews

i havent bought the sun since hillsborough ..everyone should boycott it...have to say as a huge liverpool fan
    im delighted at this report but we all knew the truth would come out ..
    the families must b devasted after been told more lives could and should have been saved...
    What we do in life echo's in eternity

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr gear For This Useful Post:

client030314 (12-09-12), JohnRambo (12-09-12)

The danger of looking at Hillsborough in isolation is that you miss the pattern. How often, both here and in the UK, have people in high places colluded to cover up state attrocities.

Its insulting and disgusting that no one will be accountable.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to braveboy For This Useful Post:

client030314 (12-09-12)

Reviews

McKenzie's "apology" is 23 years too late, and any apology from South Yorkshire Police
    will not hold any water. Almost 300 statements amended by police to make the fans look guilty
    and try to shift the blame - the "people" who did this should be ashamed, though shame really
    isn't a strong enough word.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to theqm For This Useful Post:

client030314 (12-09-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by j81 View Post
    mckenzie is scum http://t.co/K006U6Zp
    Yup always has been, always will be. The S*N is a gutter rag, always has been, always will be. They deserve each other, both are the lowest of low scum.

41 fans could have been saved, which is almost the worst part of this. Finally the TRUTH has been revealed for all to see, next comes justice for the 96.

JFT96. YNWA.
    Empty vessels makes the most noise.

200+ not out.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to corkpunter For This Useful Post:

client030314 (12-09-12)

Reviews

at the end of the storm there s a golden sky
    Last edited by j81; 12-09-12 at 20:52.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j81 For This Useful Post:

client030314 (12-09-12), redforever (13-09-12)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast