Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rory McIlroy.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    We don't need McIlroy.
    And no-one in Ireland supports British football teams?

Let's just celebrate a young lad who has achieved a childhood dream...wherever he's from or whatever he considers himself to be

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to internationaltraveler For This Useful Post:

Higgs Boson (10-09-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by internationaltraveler View Post
    And no-one in Ireland supports British football teams?

Let's just celebrate a young lad who has achieved a childhood dream...wherever he's from or whatever he considers himself to be

Spot on - fair play to the kid and even though the latest press release smacks of wholesale pr and spin, he should declare for who he genuinely feels more comfortable with.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to milkman For This Useful Post:

internationaltraveler (10-09-12)

Rory said this evening he wont be declaring for any team in the near future...tis not like the papers to sensationalise is it?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

Dub Lad (10-09-12), Ric Hardgear (11-09-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    Rory said this evening he wont be declaring for any team in the near future...tis not like the papers to sensationalise is it?

10 September 2012
    Last updated at 18:37 GMT

Rory McIlroy undecided over GB or Ireland Olympic spot

Rory McIlroy has insisted that he is yet to decide whether he will opt to represent Britain or Ireland at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
    Media reports on Monday suggested the Northern Irishman had hinted he would declare for Britain for the 2016 Games when golf returns to the Olympics.
    However, McIlroy said on Monday evening that he had not yet made up his mind.
    "I have absolutely not made a decision regarding my participation in the next Olympics," said the world number one.
    "On a personal level, playing in the Olympics would be a huge honour.
    "However, the Games in Rio are still four years away and I certainly won't be making any decisions with regards to participation any time soon," added McIlroy, who is from a Catholic background.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

benin (10-09-12)

I think I'd have to agree with Darren Clarke when he said the Olympic golf should be amateur.

Back on topic though, in terms of numbers he would have a better chance to qualify for the Irish team. There are simply fewer top players available for Ireland.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I think I'd have to agree with Darren Clarke when he said the Olympic golf should be amateur.

Back on topic though, in terms of numbers he would have a better chance to qualify for the Irish team. There are simply fewer top players available for Ireland.
    Staying off topic, agree - do not see why soccer, golf, tennis, basketball, etc. are in the Olympics.

McIlroy may see himself as British, but wonder how many Brits do ...

Absolutely his choice but really don't see any advantage for him in doing so (and probably too late not to do so - damage already done).

Hd.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

as long as he plays well in the ryder cup ..wgaf
    now if he was a good second row ,or prop ,or a big up and coming centre then i would be pissed off
    Last edited by Ric Hardgear; 11-09-12 at 01:31.
    a thousand kisses deep..

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ric Hardgear For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (11-09-12), Higgs Boson (11-09-12)

Reviews

I liked Padraig's solution. There will be a total of 60 players in the Olympics. Top 15 in the world automatically qualify and then they work down the rankings with only a max of 2 per country until all 60 places are filled. Countries are allowed more than 2 players if they are in the Top 15. USA for example would have 7 at the minute. If Rory and Graeme play for team Ireland then no other players from Ireland could play. If on the otherhand if both played for Team GB then Padraig and either Shane Lowry or Darren Clarke could play for Ireland. So more players from the island of Ireland would qualify to play.

Always knew the wanker considered himself British ever since the Masters in Augusta when he was handed the Irish flag(tri-colour) and he threw it on the ground and walked off. He's a prick and on a side note, the money and fame has gone to his head.

15. Default

feck him i say

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast