Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food and Health

Reviews

Default Food and Health

Another contradiction ......

"People are fed by the FOOD industry which pays little attention to HEALTH, and are treated by the HEALTH industry, which pays little attention to FOOD"

I know its a bit overstated maybe but it got me thinking. (I admit thats dangerous!)
    The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own.
    No apologies or excuses.
    No one to lean on, rely on, or blame.
    The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it.
    This is the day your life really begins! (Bob Moawad)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to royaler For This Useful Post:

Clyde (09-09-12), mymann (09-09-12), UKHeather (10-09-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by royaler View Post

"People are fed by the FOOD industry which pays little attention to HEALTH, and are treated by the HEALTH industry, which pays little attention to FOOD"

I know its a bit overstated maybe but it got me thinking. (I admit thats dangerous!)
    Well it is true,the shite the put in food is unbelieveable Royaler,no wonder half the population has health issues.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

mymann (09-09-12), royaler (09-09-12)

Reviews

I like cider.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjaxed For This Useful Post:

royaler (09-09-12)

Reviews

just cook fresh food and then you have some chance as for the packet stuff it is just shit.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to name is buck For This Useful Post:

emmasweet (10-09-12), mymann (09-09-12), royaler (09-09-12), very shy guy (09-09-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Eat what comes from the ground, eat as fresh and local as possible.

Anything from a box / can / packet is bad for you.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

emmasweet (10-09-12), mymann (09-09-12), royaler (09-09-12), UKHeather (10-09-12)

Reviews

Stay away from fast food but eat Steak its posh or so im led to believe? ah shite im off running to the hills already bye bye

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gentelmandave For This Useful Post:

Banjaxed (09-09-12), emmasweet (10-09-12), mymann (09-09-12), royaler (09-09-12), very shy guy (09-09-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by royaler View Post

Well there is a growing drive in the WHO to make sugar a controlled substance in the food industry.

For years food companies have been restricted by the World Health Organization in terms of preservatives now allowed (lot less synthetic E numbers floating around now available in food manufacturing coz found to be class II carcinagens etc).
    Of course, over the years (last 20) with advent of large scale supermarkets/hypermarts/malls the food industry has evolved its food to the modern consumer using flashy packaging and branding like NO PRESERVATIVES etc.
    This is true but they aren't telling that various sugar types are the replacement (don't have to coz not regulated) which is heavily linked with obesity, diabetes and onsets of certain cancers!

So its a link step in the process that the World Health Organization wants regulation on to control a substance medical experts feel is highly infused into many common health problems...

So maybe they'll get what they want or be wasted in a pile of legal litany for years from the food industry who need it to keep their sales as high as possible.
    All i say is "there are a lot more fat kids these days than i remember when i was a kid!"
    Genuine Panda Bear Punter - Eats Shoots & Leaves

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BJ99 For This Useful Post:

Dub Lad (09-09-12), mymann (09-09-12), Nicole (10-09-12), royaler (09-09-12), very shy guy (09-09-12)

Reviews

My daily infusion of cider takes 1600 calories.

I wonder if there are preservatives there too?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjaxed For This Useful Post:

royaler (09-09-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

If this is a food thread i eat fancy stuff.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to WatWatWat For This Useful Post:

royaler (09-09-12)

I gave up eating take aways 4 months ago and my energy levels are much higher ... Now there's the organic argument ... What's organic ? Labels are very vague, I use my head when shopping and look at where it's sourced and only buy what looks good ie: chicken should be pink in colour not cream etc.... If you use your head you can but healthy at a good price
    Who loves ya baby......!!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:

Dub Lad (09-09-12), emmasweet (10-09-12), mymann (09-09-12)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast