Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freddie Mercury Day

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by royaler View Post
    Ah Freddie, what a performer ... spent a blissful hour in '96 sitting on the palace steps in Barcelona watching the fountain change colours to the beautiful strains of Freddie and Monserat Cabalia (I know the spelling is all wrong, but you know who I mean) singing 'Barcelona' ... great memory. What a voice, what a personality!
    The boy had some voice on him Royaler,when you look back on the hits,some of the greatest in the business,heard an old gent who was homaphobic describe Freddy having a better voice than Elvis having heard radio ga ga.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    R.I.P. Freddie!!

He was in my view - one of the all time peformers! What a legend.

This is one of my favourite Queen numbers - "The show must go on". All the more poignant considering Freddie literally had to make sure the show would go on while he knew he was dying from AIDS!!

While there is still no cure for HIV infection/AIDS today, there are much more effective treatments resulting in a significantly prolonged survival in HIV infected individuals. Freddie might still be alive today if the treatments available today were available at the time he was diagnosed.

True Morpheus,sadly its a case of if only,a magical performer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (06-09-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    I know i was young and stupid buy not that stupid i never sold my black sabbath
    albums
    I should think not too! LOL!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123