Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which phone ?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Which phone ?

Need some impartial advice instead of the sales talk you get in the shop.
    To be honest up until recently i've been pretty much a phone call and text man (I have a Sony...something, old style key pad etc) Recently i've been using social media sites (FB, Messenger etc) a lot more (its not easy being a stalker these days !), for work and mindless drivel.
    Whats a good phone to go for as the next step up, as you can probably tell i'm not very techy, but a few good apps, music, camera etc would be good. oh,and it has to be slim and light and pre-pay
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Need some impartial advice instead of the sales talk you get in the shop.
    To be honest up until recently i've been pretty much a phone call and text man (I have a Sony...something, old style key pad etc) Recently i've been using social media sites (FB, Messenger etc) a lot more (its not easy being a stalker these days !), for work and mindless drivel.
    Whats a good phone to go for as the next step up, as you can probably tell i'm not very techy, but a few good apps, music, camera etc would be good. oh,and it has to be slim and light and pre-pay
    I'm in a similar situation and I've been advised to get an android phone and apparently the Samsung ones are pretty good to start with. If you want to go for an iphone, apparently there is a new one out this month, so best to wait until then, as it will drive older versions prices down.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Clyde (02-09-12), mellors (01-09-12)

Reviews

Samsung Galaxy is a pretty good phone. Got youtube, FB, Google Maps, Internet connection, MP3 player, camera etc.
    Weighs about the same as a packet of cigarettes.
    Had a Blackberry before that, which wasn't bad either.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to theqm For This Useful Post:

mellors (01-09-12)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theqm View Post
    Samsung Galaxy is a pretty good phone. Got youtube, FB, Google Maps, Internet connection, MP3 player, camera etc.
    Weighs about the same as a packet of cigarettes.
    Had a Blackberry before that, which wasn't bad either.
    I have a blackberry and I don't like it. I hate the qwerty board on it.

Reviews

Gonna have to be predictable and say the iPhone.Theres always an android v Apple debate as soon as anyone mentions phones,but till i find an android with a user interface as simple and functional as an iPhone ill stick with Apple(i havent seen any that are a genuine threat to Apple).Most of all though,ALL other touchscreen phones ive ever tried have an infuriating habit of falsely selecting options you dont want while trying to scroll/navigate through the screens.In all honesty though the iPhone battery aint great if wireless/3G/Location services are left running all the time...i cant speak for android battery life however.
    Last edited by xagerate; 01-09-12 at 20:48.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

mellors (01-09-12)

Blog Entries

blackberry's are rubbish for the battery it dies very quick. The galaxy samsung is meant to be a good one or try the iphone but the battery can go quick too. have a look at the galaxy as i know the battery is pretty good as my friend just got one. Good luck.
    Sexy English Exotic babe LET ME TAKE YOU TO MY LAND OF FANTASIES AND FORBIDDEN PLEASURE'S

100% GENUINE AND 100% INDEPENDENT AND DISCRETION ASSURED 100% LEGAL

10. The Following User Says Thank You to toya For This Useful Post:

mellors (01-09-12)

Reviews

I like my Blackberry, but as has been pointed out the battery life steadily drains and deteriorates over the lifetime of the phone, but it's an affordable professional phone for keeping in touch with social networks, email, etc. and there are tons of very clever and useful apps available for free.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjaxed For This Useful Post:

mellors (01-09-12)

Reviews

The Galaxy is more flexible, although has some bugs.
    Iphone is the one if you at not technically minded.

Siri beats anything from Android hands down.

I have a Galaxy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    The Galaxy is more flexible, although has some bugs.
    Iphone is the one if you at not technically minded.

Siri beats anything from Android hands down.

I have a Galaxy.
    I was told that the iphone only works along side an applemac computer, which I don't have, so better to get the samsung galaxy for that reason. Is that not really a concern?

well none for now apple are to make an anouncement in september rumored to be Iphone5 hold off for a bit,
    Ryt now samsung galaxy is best but will be bettered by Iphone 5!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to adog For This Useful Post:

mellors (01-09-12)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast