Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Director Tony Scott kills himself

not quiet the same talent as his brother but a good director.

anyway its a shame to see anyone take there own life R.I.P.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    Gonna marry you natalie...was just telling Sam how good King of New York was. The moral ambiguity of the characters (bar the chief detective who has real issues with the actions and attitudes of his underlings) makes it genius
    Promises, promises yeah its brilliantly written and directed

Although I am not here to pretend I know what went on, all I can say is that depression takes no prisoners. There is no rationality there, it just strikes.

I am glad that as as society we are realising that more and more
    Isnt that the truth, I have had a couple of suicides around me in the last few months, completely out of the blue and very sad.
    My deepest sympathies go to anyone whose lives have been affected with suicide xx

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    Promises, promises yeah its brilliantly written and directed

Isnt that the truth, I have had a couple of suicides around me in the last few months, completely out of the blue and very sad.
    My deepest sympathies go to anyone whose lives have been affected with suicide xx
    My Mum taught me that 'rich people get depression, poor people have a bad day'. That is an ignorant statement from an incredibly intelligent and loving woman. But it is a sign of the era she grew up in, not of the person. We are moving on from that and I am glad

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

Clyde (22-08-12), Nicole (20-08-12), very shy guy (20-08-12)

Reviews

May he rest in peace,pity the pratt Tom Cruise had to be in Top Gun,he did direct some great films,sad end to a great director.

Reviews

My Mum taught me that 'rich people get depression, poor people have a bad day'. That is an ignorant statement from an incredibly intelligent and loving woman. But it is a sign of the era she grew up in, not of the person. We are moving on from that and I am glad
    Worse thing is Martin when someone close to you ends their life,those that are left blame themselves for not seeing the signs even though there may have been none,those that do are not thinking right,men have the higher rate and I wonder is it because we do not talk about our feelings,what going wrong with our lives etc that leads to the pressue getting to much ?

very sad when anyone kills them self, strange though how we react when its someone famous. Almost as if we knew them through there work/life.

Reviews

May he RIP.

Its a shame when anyone takes their own life, and it's unfortunately on the increase. I crept back from "the edge" on several occasions, but a number of those I grew up with have taken their lives since then, many not even over the age of 21 or 22. A huge issue which doesn't get the attention it deserves, and still two or three people a week take their lives.

It's horrible when it happens, and I don't think it's possible to explain. I've sat and talked with counselors and psychologists and ordinary people but I don't think anyone can understand what a particular pain means to that person. In my own case it was hurt, which manifested itself like an emotional knife stabbing almost constantly. It's impossible to do anything or think of anything else which in that situation.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Banjaxed For This Useful Post:

Clyde (22-08-12), very shy guy (20-08-12)

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    Worse thing is Martin when someone close to you ends their life,those that are left blame themselves for not seeing the signs even though there may have been none,those that do are not thinking right,men have the higher rate and I wonder is it because we do not talk about our feelings,what going wrong with our lives etc that leads to the pressue getting to much ?
    Was talking to Mrs Mod about this, and she agrees. Guys can never talk, or cry, it's not socially acceptable. Women have a release valve (by being allowed to be a bit 'mard') Guys go gradually more and more mental, until they have a breakdown, or commit suicide.

That is a huge issue

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

Banjaxed (20-08-12), Clyde (22-08-12), very shy guy (20-08-12)

Reviews

Was talking to Mrs Mod about this, and she agrees. Guys can never talk, or cry, it's not socially acceptable. Women have a release valve (by being allowed to be a bit 'mard') Guys go gradually more and more mental, until they have a breakdown, or commit suicide.

That is a huge issue
    We put up walls around ourselves when we should in fact be talking to others,having been a loner most of my life,I guess I am used to it,mind you it helps to be a bit daft as well,at least the cows have not started to answer me back ......Yet.

Its been reported today that he had just been diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer. He had tackled cancer successfully before by all accounts so a greater tragedy than we first realised.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast