Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Without TV

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lilian View Post
    How long have you ever stayed without watching TV ?
    I have been so far 2 weeks without TV signal , cause of renovation works at the house beside me and it looks that it will be like that for another 4 weeks !
    What do I have to look forward to when the cold turkey sets in ? Cold sweats , rushes , shaking hands or other symptoms of TV deprivation known to occure ?
    How did you cope with it ?
    Did it for a year once (was abroad & couldn't speak the lingo so no choice) but obviously find other things to do - got into the whole outdoor scene thanks to that.....still at it.

Funny how TV is such a big part of peoples lives & ya drop off the tv schedule planet for a few days (Electric Picnic coming up ) ..... and ya don't give a shite even about the news!
    Anyways it seems to be all reality shite & reruns these days

.......and the government feel justified in their €160 tv licence bullshit cost
    Genuine Panda Bear Punter - Eats Shoots & Leaves

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BJ99 For This Useful Post:

Lilian (15-08-12)

Reviews

I honestly have to say I can't remember a day when I have'nt watched tv,it may just have been the news while having
    breakfast or catching up with sport in a pub,but at some stage in a day I will watch tv.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mexicanmagic For This Useful Post:

Lilian (15-08-12)

I think I might even start to enjoy the sitiuation !
    Found a very good page to read books online , very recent prints and really good once and for free ! I might be dead and in heaven !!!! onread.com you can read online or download .
    The only thing I really miss are my news , I love watching news indifferent newschannels and the buffering drives me mad , o have to read it instead , not really the same but it has to do for now .
    I broke my own ( very old ) record in Mayong against the Clock and I am ahead in my tax report ( I am shocked about that , never happend before )
    I didnt sign up for netflix , cause it seems I have to have a Facebook acount and I have no intention to open one just for that !
    After the first shock not to have TV , its not SO bad !
    Thanks for all the helpfull tips , XX

Reviews

I have been so far 2 weeks without TV signal , cause of renovation works at the house beside me and it looks that it will be like that for another 4 weeks !
    What do I have to look forward to when the cold turkey sets in ? Cold sweats , rushes , shaking hands or other symptoms of TV deprivation known to occure ?
    How did you cope with it ?
    You should be having hot flushes and not cold sweats Lilian! How are you finding time to even think about TV! You should start Shaking that Arse and purchase a magnet, to draw all the metal mickeys in to your life!!
    Paddy McGuinness would say Lights Out, All Out :-))))

Blog Entries

i guess about 3months..but thanks god we have facebook in our lifes )) lol
    " Live your dream and wear your passion! "

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Haven't owned a television in years.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Blog Entries

Months. There was tv here but I rarely watched it. Now with the recession I watch a bit (usually dvds) but when working, between training , cleaning , the animals etc I have little time nor desire to watch tv. Throw in a gf and the only time I get to watch it is if she was watching soemthing. The last time I watched tv was a few days ago.

not sure when,
    Westside.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123