Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Without TV

Default Without TV

How long have you ever stayed without watching TV ?
    I have been so far 2 weeks without TV signal , cause of renovation works at the house beside me and it looks that it will be like that for another 4 weeks !
    What do I have to look forward to when the cold turkey sets in ? Cold sweats , rushes , shaking hands or other symptoms of TV deprivation known to occure ?
    How did you cope with it ?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lilian For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (15-08-12), client030314 (15-08-12), mer (15-08-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lilian View Post
    How long have you ever stayed without watching TV ?
    I have been so far 2 weeks without TV signal , cause of renovation works at the house beside me and it looks that it will be like that for another 4 weeks !
    What do I have to look forward to when the cold turkey sets in ? Cold sweats , rushes , shaking hands or other symptoms of TV deprivation known to occure ?
    How did you cope with it ?
    I can't live without tv chick Jesus I would be after running around naked for my own entertainment

Shake that thang!!

4. Default

about 4 days. but there is fuck all on tv these days you won't miss much, plus you got the internet right just watch stuff online. sorry iv no tips for symptoms of TV deprivation well drink maybe.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spaike87 For This Useful Post:

client030314 (15-08-12), Lilian (15-08-12)

6. Default

You could sign up for a Netflix account and watch some tv and films that way. It's free for a month so even if you didn't want it long term you could cancel when your tv signal comes back.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThisUserNameIsTaken For This Useful Post:

Lilian (15-08-12)

I do that running around naked thing when I have TV anyway so thats not very entertaining , but imagining you doing that is highly entertaining , can I get the a video ?

Or is it on Youtube already ?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldmzbpFK76g
    Last edited by lilian; 15-08-12 at 15:15.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilian For This Useful Post:

mer (15-08-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaike87 View Post
    about 4 days. but there is fuck all on tv these days you won't miss much, plus you got the internet right just watch stuff online. sorry iv no tips for symptoms of TV deprivation well drink maybe.
    Thanks , I watch the news online but with a dongle the buffering drives me nuts !
    What should I drink , white or red ?

Reviews

I do that running around naked thing when I have TV anyway so thats not very entertaining , but imagining you doing that is highly entertaining , can I get the a video ? Or is it on Youtube already ?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ldmzbpFK76g/default.jpg
    Haha

Ahh I would practise my wiggle wiggle dance for you just don't spank me

Quote Originally Posted by ThisUserNameIsTaken View Post
    You could sign up for a Netflix account and watch some tv and films that way. It's free for a month so even if you didn't want it long term you could cancel when your tv signal comes back.
    I thought about this too, I might do it when I run out of DVDs I want to watch or if I cant find books anymore that are interessting .
    Did you try Netflix ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    Haha

Ahh I would practise my wiggle wiggle dance for you just don't spank me
    Found it !www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2QMvKY98t8

You would like that wouldnt you ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilian For This Useful Post:

mer (15-08-12)

15. Default

I thought about this too, I might do it when I run out of DVDs I want to watch or if I cant find books anymore that are interessting .
    Did you try Netflix ?
    Thanks
    Yep I use Netflix. People give out that the selection isn't as good as the US version which is true, but I don't mind, still think it's a great service. I've been watching the US version of the Office on it -they've got the first 5 seasons. Different to the UK version but a great show in its own right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast