Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pussy Riot

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sexylaura View Post
    I am gutted for the girls, Russia seems that has never been free country, and honestly russian parlament Duma, has no power, so then what about the courts eh? Sadly I quite expected them to be jailed, Putin would never show the oposition and haters any sort of weaknes. But also either way, he is now facing quite a bit of rough time , in utopistic world I would naively hoping that it could lead to numbers of demonstrations, and hopefully lead to the (if not to some sort of democracy) at least to restrict some of the Putins power..... but sadly as I said propably that is utopia I am sad for the girls and for Russia, everyone deserves freedom
    Laura, I love your piece on the Pussy Riot Girls!

From Russia with Love
    Your Secret Agent
    007 x

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sexylaura View Post
    I am gutted for the girls, Russia seems that has never been free country, and honestly russian parlament Duma, has no power, so then what about the courts eh? Sadly I quite expected them to be jailed, Putin would never show the oposition and haters any sort of weaknes. But also either way, he is now facing quite a bit of rough time , in utopistic world I would naively hoping that it could lead to numbers of demonstrations, and hopefully lead to the (if not to some sort of democracy) at least to restrict some of the Putins power..... but sadly as I said propably that is utopia I am sad for the girls and for Russia, everyone deserves freedom
    Really no suprise that they were jailed, i actually thought they would get longer sentences.
    As Laura points out, although Russia has a veneer of a modern democratic country,its not, and anyone who speaks against Putin tends to end up in jail.
    The idea was obviously not just to shock but to state a political point, thier choice of venue reflects that, not necessarily a religous statement more guarenteed to grab attention.
    Opposition politicans have spoken out about the sentencing and demonstrations are being organised for September.
    Sadly, judging by the track record it will end in violence ..on behalf of the state.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12