Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rejection

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Disposition View Post
    getlemandave shyness is often caused by having a lower than average testosterone level and is a key factor in causing depression in men
    You can get u testosterone level raised medically which in reality is the only practical course of action to dramatically increase your confidence level. The posters here mean well but all that u will receive on this forum is empathy... unfortunately empathy in general in d long term can become addictive and counter-productive. BTW I am speaking from experience.
    I wasn't looking for empathy as you say, or sympathy either from anyone here as
    im a big boy and take what life throws at me. I just wondered how others dealt with it and how you know when enough is enough and you cant take it anymore? I'm just being philosophical really. Anyway got a call again this morning for an interview next week so I suppose I just have to not get my hopes up too much

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gentelmandave For This Useful Post:

Sweet Disposition (03-08-12)

[QUOTE=gentelmandave;852777]How do you deal with it?
    Dave, great post . As others have said current circumstances challange us all. We are indoctrinated to value ourselves by our job, car, money, looks, clothes etc. No matter how grounded we are, none of us are imune from this. I deal with it by listing the things I like about myself, things that have nothing to do with outside elements. Its not easy to list things you think are worthwhile about yourself but with practice and repetition it has a healing effect and bolsters the confidence. Sensitivity is a gift but has a cost, although it opens the door to others feelings it leave us open to negative feedback. I hope this does not seem patronising. Thanks for your honesty it helped me reflect on what is important today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Disposition View Post
    getlemandave shyness is often caused by having a lower than average testosterone level and is a key factor in causing depression in men
    You can get u testosterone level raised medically which in reality is the only practical course of action to dramatically increase your confidence level. The posters here mean well but all that u will receive on this forum is empathy... unfortunately empathy in general in d long term can become addictive and counter-productive. BTW I am speaking from experience.
    Nope. what happens is when your stressed , the hormone Cortisol is released more and this causes testosterone to get lower. Shyness has nothing to do with testosterone levels. Low testosterone causes irritability and very low energy levels as well.

Westside.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Clyde (03-08-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Nope. what happens is when your stressed , the hormone Cortisol is released more and this causes testosterone to get lower. Shyness has nothing to do with testosterone levels. Low testosterone causes irritability and very low energy levels as well.

Westside.
    Is there something to counter act cortisol ?
    Who loves ya baby......!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234