Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Irish People cheering on Team GB.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Hate to be pedantic but NI athletes can choose which team they wish to compete for!!! but I accept your point, the Irish team generally includes around 25 percent of athletes from the North, and coaches too.

I think we need to start the campaign for Rio 2016.....come on team two islands of four or five states that sit beside each other on the western extreme of europe.....kind of catchy isn't it!!!!!!

So catchy! I am going to start making tshirts I'd be selling them by the truck load I bet!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (04-08-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hd7055 View Post
    No; it's not.

Accept NI athletes can declare for either GB or Ireland - my point is there no team GB & NI aka team UK (notwithstanding Stephen Watson's wet dreams that there is).

Hd.
    The actual reason why there's no team UK is simply down to marketing Team GB has a nice sound to it, catchy etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (04-08-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    So catchy! I am going to start making tshirts I'd be selling them by the truck load I bet!
    Dont forget my commission!!!!! I think you will need to do only xxxl no way we could get the slogan on anything smaller.

with all the millions pumped into them i'm surprised they didn't get more to be honest ,also why isn't russia 4th with higher medals?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrloverman View Post
    with all the millions pumped into them i'm surprised they didn't get more to be honest ,also why isn't russia 4th with higher medals?
    Always been a bone of contention. USA when they didn't win as many golds as Russia or China in more recent times put themselves top if they won more medals overall. The IOC version however has the number of golds as the first criteria.

yeah funny how the us changed that recently haha, but then if say a country got a 100 bronze or silver and country with just one gold went above them kind of silly then isn't it but gold is the number 1 i suppose thats what everyone remembers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234