Thread: Holiday in Provence-advice?

Question Holiday in Provence-advice?

So. I'm thinking I should try Provence for holiday. Anybody knows when the lavender blooms and what kind of accommodation is romantic yet cheap? Some place handy near the beach yet close to some city I could fly to from Dublin?
    Suggestions?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post
    So. I'm thinking I should try Provence for holiday. Anybody knows when the lavender blooms and what kind of accommodation is romantic yet cheap? Some place handy near the beach yet close to some city I could fly to from Dublin?
    Suggestions?
    not been there yet, seen lots of lavender around these days though.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Suggestions?
    A tent is cheap, yet romantic and cheap and you can pitch it near a beach.
    I asked my gardener, he reckons the lavender will be out now well into September....but i wouldnt trust him

I just asked my under gardener Google and he tells me they harvest it early July....sorry
    Last edited by mellors; 13-07-12 at 17:00.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (13-07-12)

Reviews

nice. or nis as the locals call it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (13-07-12)

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    A tent is cheap, yet romantic and cheap and you can pitch it near a beach.
    I asked my gardener, he reckons the lavender will be out now well into September....but i wouldnt trust him

I just asked my under gardener Google and he tells me they harvest it early July....sorry
    Ah, feck it. Next year then perhaps...

Tent, huh! You don't know Anna too well I see She'd be willing to pretend love for camping for the right one though

Reviews

Suggestions?
    Hi Anna, as a suggestion this hotel is a particular favourite of mine, I dont know why it is particularly there is nothing in particularly that I liked but I assume you are particular about where you stay so maybe you can click on the link and check out the particulars!

http://www.fodors.com/world/europe/f...ew-146230.html
    All my life people have called me an amateurish knob
    One day I hope to become a professional cock!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Bone View Post
    Hi Anna, as a suggestion this hotel is a particular favourite of mine, I dont know why it is particularly there is nothing in particularly that I liked but I assume you are particular about where you stay so maybe you can click on the link and check out the particulars!

http://www.fodors.com/world/europe/f...ew-146230.html
    I particularly like that response I have to say

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    I particularly like that response I have to say
    Stephen Fry would be proud of me with my usage of the english language and displaying its flexibility while building up to the gag that encompasses a second language. Its high brow comedy but I like!!!

Direct from Dublin, you are talking about, Carcassonne, Marseille or Nice, in accending order of price.
    Nice is a city on the beach but far from cheap, Marseille is a bit dodgy and Carcassonne is bit rural.
    In between and may be the best option is you have Montpellier young student,tourist city not too expensive with tram that brings you to the beach.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to squirtwizard For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (16-07-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by squirtwizard View Post
    Direct from Dublin, you are talking about, Carcassonne, Marseille or Nice, in accending order of price.
    Nice is a city on the beach but far from cheap, Marseille is a bit dodgy and Carcassonne is bit rural.
    In between and may be the best option is you have Montpellier young student,tourist city not too expensive with tram that brings you to the beach.
    Squirt Wizard eh? Is that like a pinball wizard where you just have learn to press a lot of different buttons at the right time?

Call me a deaf dumb and blind kid but I just dont think I could have what it takes to become a Squirt Wizard!

I would imagine a lot of people dont make it through the training to become Squirt Wizards and end up spilling out in to other professions

Like janitors or other uses of mops to clean floors