Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not guilty

Quote Originally Posted by gentelmandave View Post
    The Law in some countries is a Complete Fucking ASS
    Two suspects in Mcareavey murder Not Guilty
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0712/mic...to-retire.html
    I agree 100%. What an absolute farce!! My heart lies with her husband, family and friends.Hopefully one day there will be retribution!!
    STRONG PEOPLE DON'T PUT OTHERS DOWN, THEY LIFT THEM UP♡♡
    Strong minded, Classy, Intelligent Playmate Back In Town

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rubberlover View Post
    I think the real issue here is that they two people charged we fingered by a person who was given immunity, and who I believe was the true suspect. Incompetence by the cops, to be fair no evidence was found to convict the two men. And I would believe that neither family Harte or Mc Areavy would want someone innocent jailed, but must feel an awful sense of injustice and let's hope the killer is found and jailed.

On an interesting side line does anyone recall the poor Bulgarian father who came here recently seeking justice for his two children, knocked down killed by an Irishman driving in Bulgaria, but who the Irish courts REFUSED to extradite to answer the summons.

I don't think we can really finger point or cry foul, now can we.
    It happened in Budapest in Hungary actually. I'm not sure how much good it does muddying the water by comparing two completely different types of case. I heard the Birmingham Six being cited as an example of confession under duress but again in that case the was an avalanche of physical evidence to corroborate the fact that those six me were beaten within an inch of their lives to force a confession (not so in the Mauritius case, merely an unsubstantiated allegation of duress).

The whole investigation was a fuck up from start to finish. Tin pot police and tin pot judciary (not actually a crime to be so I hasten to add)

My main problem is with the conduct of the trial. No effort to preserve the dignity of her memory and a defence counsel who were allowed to sling shit unlimited to see what would stick. The conduct of the gallery was disgusting as well.

Hang your collective heads in shame people of Mauritius.
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Leigha View Post
    I agree 100%. What an absolute farce!! My heart lies with her husband, family and friends.Hopefully one day there will be retribution!!
    can I ask without trying to pick a fight do you believe the two men should have been found guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    Why on earth would you want to go to Mauritius anyway Gentlemandave ?,most of the people are horrible,all smiles to your face,learn a bit of their language and find out what they really think of the fat white people that come to holiday there,and espically get a blessing ,that will surly open your eyes.

u will actual find the maritus dnt see us as fat as they have nation with many of it population obease and suffering with diabetes, esp diabetes

most likely due to the fact its rich in sugar cane

hope that helped
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    can I ask without trying to pick a fight do you believe the two men should have been found guilty?

Based on the evidence? No.
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    Why on earth would you want to go to Mauritius anyway Gentlemandave ?,most of the people are horrible,all smiles to your face,learn a bit of their language and find out what they really think of the fat white people that come to holiday there,and espically get a blessing ,that will surly open your eyes.
    I had heard it was a nice place to visit, but dont know much about the place, but i wouldnt go there now, having seen what went on through this case and reading how bad the cops are at doing their job.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Your joking me?

Im not surpirsed though

The legal system in places like Mauritius are usualy sub par and riddles with corruption and incompetence from both police , media and judical system

Surely a misscarraige of justice
    It would appear that the crime scene became contaminated by the police which resulted in some potential forensic evidence (I'm not sure exactly what it consisted of) being lost. The worst part is that whichever way you look at it, the person or persons who carried out this crime are still at large. Having said that there are many unsolved murders in this country too.

I cant imagine many Irish couples booking Honeymoons in Mauritius for the next few years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123