Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not guilty

Reviews

Thumbs down Not guilty

The Law in some countries is a Complete Fucking ASS
    Two suspects in Mcareavey murder Not Guilty
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0712/mic...to-retire.html

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gentelmandave For This Useful Post:

client030314 (12-07-12), Deven (12-07-12), hd7055 (12-07-12), jay67 (12-07-12), very shy guy (12-07-12)

Your joking me?

Im not surpirsed though

The legal system in places like Mauritius are usualy sub par and riddles with corruption and incompetence from both police , media and judical system

Surely a misscarraige of justice

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Doozer For This Useful Post:

Deven (12-07-12), Doll 34 DD (12-07-12), gentelmandave (12-07-12), hd7055 (12-07-12), Sexy Sandy 69 (12-07-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Your joking me?

Im not surpirsed though

The legal system in places like Mauritius are usualy sub par and riddles with corruption and incompetence from both police , media and judical system

Surely a misscarraige of justice
    A complete misscarraige of justice Doozer It would put me off ever going to Mauritius on Holiday. Like if you cant rely on the Law in other countries to protect you? Who can you rely on. Wonder what would have been the outcome if one of the Mcareavey's or anyone else had murdered a Mauritius person while on holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by gentelmandave View Post
    A complete misscarraige of justice Doozer It would put me off ever going to Mauritius on Holiday. Like if you cant rely on the Law in other countries to protect you? Who can you rely on. Wonder what would have been the outcome if one of the Mcareavey's or anyone else had murdered a Mauritius person while on holiday?

I know, I mean you have to wonder were they thinking of their tourisim income, which would surely fall , if people were afraid that the locals going to murder them.

A complete joke all the same

Blog Entries
    Reviews

The whole thing's a farce anyways. They don't have much serious crime out there so they don't know how to deal with it. It does ruin their reputation with regards to how they treat crime. In my opinion they're in cloud cuckoo land in this regard.

Reviews

One of them was on the phone at 2.45pm when Michaela McAreavey was supposed to have been strangled, so it seems in the jury's mind that proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he wasn't involved. As for the other guy, they believed his story that his signed confession was a fabrication. There was no DNA evidence from either of the accused in the hotel room. It seems most likely that the cops fucked up the investigation more than anything.

It's known as the least corrupt legal system in the continent of Africa and is predominantly based on the common law, the same as this country, but then everyone says the system in this country is corrupt too, so you can't win

Quote Originally Posted by Banjaxed View Post
    One of them was on the phone at 2.45pm when Michaela McAreavey was supposed to have been strangled, so it seems in the jury's mind that proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he wasn't involved. As for the other guy, they believed his story that his signed confession was a fabrication. There was no DNA evidence from either of the accused in the hotel room. It seems most likely that the cops fucked up the investigation more than anything.

It's known as the least corrupt legal system in the continent of Africa and is predominantly based on the common law, the same as this country, but then everyone says the system in this country is corrupt too, so you can't win
    Juries eh, dont have a fucking clue most of the time, I would agree that the police probably did fuck it up alright

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Juries eh, dont have a fucking clue most of the time, I would agree that the police probably did fuck it up alright
    12 ordinary people decide your fate. Would you trust 12 people off the street to make choices concerning your life? I think not. But that's the system and it was thought to be fair when it was started.
    Last edited by Banjaxed; 12-07-12 at 15:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjaxed View Post
    12 ordinary people decide your fate. Would you trust 12 people off the street to make choices concerning your life? I think not. But that's the system and it was thought to be fair when it was started.

Yeas qw ordinary people who have to sift their brains through legal jargon most of them time not been made clear what certain types of evidence is admissible or actually if its valid at all.

Take DNA for example , the layman wouldnt have a clue about it really, what it is, or what it entails or how easily its contaminated. They just hear hollywood and are sucked in to the CSI effect

Secondly take eye witness testimoney, they (more than likely) would see that as irrifutible proof of guilt and take it as gospel when in actuality its the worst and most unrealible evidence ever

Ordinary men deciding your fate.

Im just glad they arent defending me for anything serious

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doozer For This Useful Post:

Banjaxed (12-07-12)

Reviews

I think the real issue here is that they two people charged we fingered by a person who was given immunity, and who I believe was the true suspect. Incompetence by the cops, to be fair no evidence was found to convict the two men. And I would believe that neither family Harte or Mc Areavy would want someone innocent jailed, but must feel an awful sense of injustice and let's hope the killer is found and jailed.

On an interesting side line does anyone recall the poor Bulgarian father who came here recently seeking justice for his two children, knocked down killed by an Irishman driving in Bulgaria, but who the Irish courts REFUSED to extradite to answer the summons.

I don't think we can really finger point or cry foul, now can we.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubberlover For This Useful Post:

skyliner (13-07-12), very shy guy (12-07-12)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast