Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not guilty

Reviews

i didn't expect a murder conviction given the circumstances in this case,
    will there be a retrial for manslaughter?

Blog Entries

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the case you can't imagine what both Michaela and Johns families have gone through over the seven weeks of this clusterfuck

Tiff xxx

" Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TiffanyTees For This Useful Post:

Clyde (12-07-12), gentelmandave (12-07-12), Irish Leigha (12-07-12), Sexy Samantha British (12-07-12), skyliner (13-07-12)

thats really sad news and i feel so bad for the familys. and if someone else (big if there) is arrested the families have to go through all of this again. I know it would never bring her back but a guilty verdict would have been closure and the start of the healing process.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gentelmandave View Post
    A complete misscarraige of justice Doozer It would put me off ever going to Mauritius on Holiday. Like if you cant rely on the Law in other countries to protect you? Who can you rely on. Wonder what would have been the outcome if one of the Mcareavey's or anyone else had murdered a Mauritius person while on holiday?
    Why on earth would you want to go to Mauritius anyway Gentlemandave ?,most of the people are horrible,all smiles to your face,learn a bit of their language and find out what they really think of the fat white people that come to holiday there,and espically get a blessing ,that will surly open your eyes.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rubberlover View Post
    I think the real issue here is that they two people charged we fingered by a person who was given immunity, and who I believe was the true suspect. Incompetence by the cops, to be fair no evidence was found to convict the two men. And I would believe that neither family Harte or Mc Areavy would want someone innocent jailed, but must feel an awful sense of injustice and let's hope the killer is found and jailed.

On an interesting side line does anyone recall the poor Bulgarian father who came here recently seeking justice for his two children, knocked down killed by an Irishman driving in Bulgaria, but who the Irish courts REFUSED to extradite to answer the summons.

I don't think we can really finger point or cry foul, now can we.
    A very good point RL,his feet should not have touched the ground he should have been extradited so fast,as for DNA edvidence,well at times the full case is never brought in Ireland,and people do get away with murder here,sometimes its called man slaughter sometimes aquitted thanks to our legal system,Banjaxed knows far more than most on here how the law works,but there has been some horrific cases over the last 20 years that have seen miscarrages of justice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Banjaxed View Post
    12 ordinary people decide your fate. Would you trust 12 people off the street to make choices concerning your life? I think not. But that's the system and it was thought to be fair when it was started.
    It might have been fair when communities were much smaller and most people knew their neighbors, but now it should be
    revamped as it isn't really applicable now a days.

RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gentelmandave View Post
    The Law in some countries is a Complete Fucking ASS
    Two suspects in Mcareavey murder Not Guilty
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0712/mic...to-retire.html
    That beggars belief,what a waste of time effort and money and heartache

Reviews

You can't really criticise the jury , they actually brought in the correct verdict. What would have been worse is that these two men were found guilty , given the lack of credible evidence put before them. They could actually be guilty ( although I for one am doubtful), but the fault lies with the police investigation. The likelihood is that no-one will now be found guilty of the murder because of the police haste for a quick convicton, at any cost.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Banjaxed (12-07-12), TiffanyTees (12-07-12)

11. Default

a traverstry of justise

i feel for family

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    It might have been fair when communities were much smaller and most people knew their neighbors, but now it should be
    revamped as it isn't really applicable now a days.
    A lot of people, even professors say that, but they don't have any ready alternative. Plus it's a case with common law systems which generally operate anywhere there was a British colony, there is always huge resistance to any form of changing of the tradition as by it's nature the system is established on tradition through precedent and the rule of stare decisis (the obligation that a Court must follow the previous decision of a higher Court).

There was huge debate even about making Barrister's horsehair wigs optional (as is now the case) back a number of years ago, now it's not a requirement but Judges still get a financial allowance to buy their wigs. The next argument is blooming with IMF memorandum which wants to open up access to training so that the Law Society and King's Inns would no longer have their respective monopolies on where one can qualify to become a Solicitor or Barrister.

It normally takes 50 years to clarify a single point of law, so I'd imagine we'll be waiting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast