Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Quote Originally Posted by experiencedguy View Post
    The Fermi Paradox is closed minded in it's assumptions that we would understand that the lifeform that we would find would firstly, leave traceable evidence, and secondly, would be of a form that we could detect and understand that what we encountered was indeed, life.

It's as shaky as Thomas Aquinas supposed 'proof' of the existence of god, and there have been numerous 'proofs' and arguments for and against, and are mostly based on assumptions that a person cannot make.
    I know , I agree the fermi argument is weak and I don't support it . I just mentioned it as a counter argument. given the shear size of the universe , the existence of other life forms is not only possible but.probable.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doozer For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (30-06-12), experiencedguy (30-06-12)

Reviews

I do believe in god but I don't believe in all that bible bullshit!!

I suppose I have to kinda believe there is something cause when you die I would like to think there is somewhere to go! Although I'm going straight to hell cause apparently having a wank is a sin LOL

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    If not all fossils are found then you cannot make for certain scientific facts without evidence and the evidence shows that all fossils "found" are of fully formed species. Evolution is meant to happen over millions of years, where is the millions of different specie forms to get us to where we are today?
    Feckin hell lad, I'm pretty sure gravity works (its just a THEORY though!!) and I'm pretty sure scales of notes mesh nicely with chords to form melody but ya know what maybe music theory just covers up the fact that little sprites jump out of your fingers and cause strings to produce a musical tone....

etc. etc. etc......yaaaawwwnnnnnn
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Feckin hell lad, I'm pretty sure gravity works (its just a THEORY though!!) and I'm pretty sure scales of notes mesh nicely with chords to form melody but ya know what maybe music theory just covers up the fact that little sprites jump out of your fingers and cause strings to produce a musical tone....

Except gravity is an actuality, whereas music is psychologically dependent. Just sayin.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post

Also, blues music exists outside the strict realms of diatonic harmony.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by experiencedguy View Post
    Except gravity is an actuality, whereas music is psychologically dependent. Just sayin.
    What can I say sir, I have been comprehensively debunked and refuted.

Bravo.

To the victor the spoils.
    Bada Bing!!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011