Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

So which came first. The chicken, or the egg.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WatWatWat For This Useful Post:

Clyde (29-06-12), sexy lady (29-06-12)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WatWatWat View Post
    So which came first. The chicken, or the egg.
    The chicken - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38238685...hicken-or-egg/

Reviews

I don't believe there's a god, but I'm open to it, and not arrogant enough to say that there IS no god.

In my mind, the probability is that there isn't, but I'm not willing to take probability as fact.

The religious want to convert, as do the atheists. I always say to the religious that if you want to convert me, scientifically prove that there is a god. To the atheists, prove to me that there isn't.

And then remember, that science needs faith to work in the same way religion does. The only difference lies in provability, and let's face it, who has the time? We don't even know why gravity works, it just does. We're tracing a missing link, a Higgs Bosun, dark matter, etc.

The more you get into it you realise that we're worshiping a new priesthood.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by experiencedguy View Post
    I don't believe there's a god, but I'm open to it, and not arrogant enough to say that there IS no god.

In my mind, the probability is that there isn't, but I'm not willing to take probability as fact.

The religious want to convert, as do the atheists. I always say to the religious that if you want to convert me, scientifically prove that there is a god. To the atheists, prove to me that there isn't.

And then remember, that science needs faith to work in the same way religion does. The only difference lies in provability, and let's face it, who has the time? We don't even know why gravity works, it just does. We're tracing a missing link, a Higgs Bosun, dark matter, etc.

The more you get into it you realise that we're worshiping a new priesthood.
    Ever walked into a large Apple store? I have to resist the urge to genuflect. Yes it is a new priesthood, and they are all probably still virgins, not much has changed.

RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Violette For This Useful Post:

Clyde (29-06-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    Ever walked into a large Apple store? I have to resist the urge to genuflect. Yes it is a new priesthood, and they are all probably still virgins, not much has changed.
    Yes you get that feeling of being in the presence of greatness ....... the iphone, the imac, the powerbook ..... every day I look at my 27" imac and say wowwww you are so far ahead .
    Who loves ya baby......!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (29-06-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    Every time I walk in a large Apple store, I have the same reaction as I do in a church, mosque and synagogue..... and Killarney for that matter. I see so many things that I do not want.

I have paid huge amounts for things that I use professionally, because my profession is a pleasure, but I'm not a gadget. Two interesting links......

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/books/15book.html

http://www.thefoxisblack.com/2012/02...n-advertising/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by experiencedguy View Post
    Every time I walk in a large Apple store, I have the same reaction as I do in a church, mosque and synagogue..... and Killarney for that matter. I see so many things that I do not want.

I have paid huge amounts for things that I use professionally, because my profession is a pleasure, but I'm not a gadget. Two interesting links......

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/books/15book.html

http://www.thefoxisblack.com/2012/02...n-advertising/
    Interesting indeed.

RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

Reviews

I wonder do ants in an ant farm consider us gods for creating it or do they just get on with life as best they can and leave speculation until the time comes when we all find out the truth..

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (29-06-12), takemedrunkimhome (29-06-12)

if there.is a god he only.put the wheels in motion stood back and watched the.universe form and has.done nothing since. (again IF there is.a god )

science is discovering so much that it will at some.stage.unlock the secrets of our dna.code and maybe even tell us where we came from be it divine , extra terrestrial or.just from apes , fish and single celled organisims

we are.not only understating.the building blocks of life but.of the.universe , dark matter, string.theories , worm holes , possible.other dimensions ,

things that will wipe us.out

pulsar , quasars.super massive black holes supernovas , solar.flares.
    these things.could.wipe us all out at anytime

we are a small spec on the edge.of a spiral arm of.our galaxy and.could be knocked.out of it at anytime too our doom (and with andromeda about to cannabalise.us., it.will happen) we are not special , just lucky so far

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I wonder do ants in an ant farm consider us gods for creating it or do they just get on with life as best they can and leave speculation until the time comes when we all find out the truth..

are ants.capable of rational abstract thought?

theres.your answer

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast