Thread: Dunphy - Attention seeker Roy

Default Dunphy - Attention seeker Roy

So is Dunphy right in what he said or is Keane right that the Irish team and supporters need to change their mentality and stop going into major championships just to make up the numbers?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...y-3143525.html
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

Clyde (18-06-12), mer (18-06-12)

Well I think the 2 boyos just love media attention I have to say I find Dunphy good fun but Roy is to aggressive in his approach but hay the Irish fans are die hard and are the best in the wold just look at this site alone every day something new about Irish football and the team is pure shite..... but that's pride and passion and to take that away would be a travesty so yes they should be in the competition I'm to lazy to read the article so I'm not sure who said what I'm not interested.... I'll just give my opinion ... Now come on ireland ...!!!!
    Who loves ya baby......!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:

Banger (18-06-12)

Reviews

I'm not a fan of Dunphy but I will say that I do agree 100% with his comments on Keane.
    He is a traitor that let his country down,failed in management and now he is trying to get notice by
    slagging off the fans that went out to Poland and were the one thing we can be proud of out there.
    Keane should crawl back under whatever rock he was hiding under and keep his opinions to himself,
    the players we sent to Poland might not be our best ever, but at least each one of them are loyal and
    will not walk out like a spoilt kid at the first sign of trouble.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mexicanmagic For This Useful Post:

Banger (18-06-12), Clyde (18-06-12)

dunphy is well able to talk shite as well, how many times as he said man utd are a poor side and a club in decline. Keane has a gud point but he went about the wrong way of expressing it. Personally i think trap needs to go, chris hougton is d man d fai sud have got

Lads,
    Where are all these superfans when we are at home and need the support?

And here's another thing - after 5 pints on a Saturday at home people bate the sh1te out of each other .... A full week on the beer in Poland and its love and kisses ?

Lot of genuine fans out there, lots of bandwagoneers too though ..

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inbelfast For This Useful Post:

Desirable Encounters (18-06-12), lovethegirls (18-06-12)

Reviews

Keane is 100% right.

Look at the Rugby team - came v close to beating the world champions and gutted - no moral victory BS.

Soccer sucks.

Reviews

The spontaneity seems to be gone out of the singing of the 'Fields of Athenry - Becoming too choreographed. Far cry from the playoff day in Anfield when supporters genuinely knew it was the end of the road for that era and showed their support. Lot of followers going with the intention of being classified as the 'Best supporters' and the result is irrelevant - waiting their chance to go into full song. That doesn't lead to players producing great performances. While the good humour and nature of the fans should be acknowledged and appreciated it shouldn't define the national soccer team, as some are too willing to let it become.

not much time for either of them... it's definately acase of the pot calling the kettle black!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flyboy19 For This Useful Post:

Banger (18-06-12), JohnRambo (19-06-12)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    So is Dunphy right in what he said or is Keane right that the Irish team and supporters need to change their mentality and stop going into major championships just to make up the numbers?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...y-3143525.html
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Blog Entries
    Reviews

These are the European Football Championships not the European Fan Championships, so i think we badly need to get a bit of perspective, talking about how great our fans are seems to be used to deflect attention from how truly shite the team performed. Roy Keane is spot on in what he has said maybe he could have phrased things a bit more diplomatically but hey that
    was never his strong point. I wonder will things be as postive from the fans and will we have the same numbers in the Aviva when we are struggling through the World Cup Qualifiers. On hindsight might have been better if Denis o Brien gave his dosh
    to St Vincent de Paul rather than lining Trappatonis pockets
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (19-06-12), JohnRambo (19-06-12), lovethegirls (19-06-12)