Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New TV

Reviews

Default New TV

I want to buy a new TV and am trying to decide where to go to buy it. Of course there's the likes of Argos, Currys and DID but I'd prefer for my money to stay in Ireland so that's the first two out.

There aren't that many small independent retailers around any more, I guess they've been driven out of business by the big guys. However I would like to put my business towards one of the smaller guys. Possibly I'll be sacrificing choice but can anyone recommend an independent operator in Dublin worth paying a visit ?
    Last edited by JCB; 16-06-12 at 20:54.

hi jcb , i dont know any retails in dublin but here is some advise from a installer of tv and satellite equipment for a few years now STAY AWAY from Philips,Walker,normende ,beko and bush They are SHIT , i would go for samsung , panasonic, sony they are a better product and better value

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skytaz For This Useful Post:

JCB (17-06-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by skytaz View Post
    hi jcb , i dont know any retails in dublin but here is some advise from a installer of tv and satellite equipment for a few years now STAY AWAY from Philips,Walker,normende ,beko and bush They are SHIT , i would go for samsung , panasonic, sony they are a better product and better value

Surprised at that - always thought Philips was a superior product; no?

they were 20 yrs ago when they were not been built in turkey , philips walker and normende and silvercrest are all the one product

6. The Following User Says Thank You to skytaz For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (16-06-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JCB View Post
    I want to buy a new TV and am trying to decide where to go to buy it. Of course there's the likes of Argos, Currys and DID but I'd prefer for my money to stay in Ireland so that's the first two out.

There aren't that many small independent retailers around any more, I guess they've been driven out of business by the big guys. However I would like to put my business towards one of the smaller guys. Possibly I'll be sacrificing choice but can anyone recommend an independent operator in Dublin worth paying a visit ?
    Online shopping is the best What ya mean you would like your money to stay in Ire, Do ya tell the girls not to be sending any money home when ya pay them

If you can get a 50'' for 600E of net and its 700E in Dub. Take the one of net obviously, don't think the electrical shop guy will come complaining because ya bought it offline

8. The Following User Says Thank You to skywalker85 For This Useful Post:

JCB (17-06-12)

that €100 u save online could come in handy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skytaz For This Useful Post:

JCB (17-06-12), skywalker85 (16-06-12)

Tv is 150 for half hour ... Lol
    Who loves ya baby......!!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (16-06-12), JCB (17-06-12), skywalker85 (16-06-12), User300415 (17-06-12), WatWatWat (16-06-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Tv is 150 for half hour ... Lol
    *facepalm*

14. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (16-06-12)

It wouldn't do any harm to check if the TV your planniing to buy will play video files such as *.mkv, *.mp4, *.avi, etc. Some do, some don't. Most TV's these days have a USB port on the back which allows the user to plug in a pen drive or external hard disk in order to play films from them. Do your homework and search Youtube for reviews of the ones your interested in.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half Man and Half Dildo For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (16-06-12), JCB (17-06-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I went into specsavers in killkenny one day to try and buy a telly. I thought it was funny. They didn't.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WatWatWat For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (16-06-12), JCB (17-06-12)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast