Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "90% of sex workers want to leave" but...

Hey, Thatcher, I've been thinking, that you might have passed the opportunity to become an emperress but since I heard that religions aren't affected by income tax, how about starting our own Goddess cult?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna23 For This Useful Post:

Jack in the Box (03-07-12), Morpheus (03-07-12)

This sounds like my kinda church.

Baptise me now!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to braveboy For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (03-07-12), Jack in the Box (03-07-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post
    Hey, Thatcher, I've been thinking, that you might have passed the opportunity to become an emperress but since I heard that religions aren't affected by income tax, how about starting our own Goddess cult?
    That is a brilliant idea Anna! In ancient times there used to be fertility cults - where sex with the temple priestesses were part of the religion!!!

If the prostitution legislation goes belly up, forming a new religion might be a good idea.

The ladies will be the priestesses and the men will be the worshippers! Who's to argue if you say sex part of this religion. And just like any other religious institution - you will be collecting money (offerings) to run the temple!!!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Jack in the Box (03-07-12), the traveller (03-07-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    That is a brilliant idea Anna! In ancient times there used to be fertility cults - where sex with the temple priestesses were part of the religion!!!

If the prostitution legislation goes belly up, forming a new religion might be a good idea.

The ladies will be the priestesses and the men will be the worshippers! Who's to argue if you say sex part of this religion. And just like any other religious institution - you will be collecting money (offerings) to run the temple!!!
    Thats exactly what I have in mind, my dear. I'll be the chief priestess. LaBelle can be my advisor and Pat can close the shop

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna23 For This Useful Post:

Jack in the Box (03-07-12), Morpheus (04-07-12)

Quote Originally Posted by braveboy View Post
    I agree completely. For some the path is taken for survival. I can't imagine the trauma involved in that decision.
    I never understand why people with no experience butt in to make difficult situations worse. It's not good intention - thats bullshit. To help, as you say, you have to provide hope and opportunity. These 'agencies' would help a lot more iof they focused resources on creating a safe, clean environment and a pathway out for those who are here because of no choice.

However that would not get them their publicity or funding.

Btw, can't believe its as low as 23%. Publish those findings or be damned!!!!
    Here is the thing, when I strip the hype out of my own mind, it is the circumstances that only leave you with one option that is the trauma, not that fact that option happens to be sex work.

Then, trying to find the right words to put this across, the very fact of being railroaded by life without having options is traumatic *EVEN IF* you would otherwise be perfectly comfortable with what you are doing, nobody is perfectly comfortable feeling trapped. Although, given the times that are in it, a lot of people are having to get used to that feeling. Speaking of which, I would imagine a lot of sex workers are suddenly just as much trapped where they are by the recession as anyone else. NGOs constantly threatening to take their income from sex work away too must feel like a kind of torture.

We all have to accept that when there is no money, business goes down, but for business to go down unnecessarily, just because a crowd of spoiled, privileged little madams, who will never know a day of wat in their worthless lives, wanted to have fancy titles, oil each others egos and impose their control and the latest silly, ideological fad on other people's lives?

THAT is enough to enrage and normal decent, hardworking woman.

You can't even relegate them to providing services for those who want to get out, because they would still be the same ambitious, manipulative, controlling, deceitful, morally bankrupt little madams they are now, and that is absolutely no help to anyone who is miserable, vulnerable and needs to change her life.

The only people they are fit to provide services for are the likes of Stella Marr DublinCallGirl and FreeIrishWoman who are dishonest, ruthless, and want to get rich by riding their agenda.

They are no use to real sex workers who want to get out at all, in fact, they are more like the last thing they will ever need..

(post disrupted by many phone calls )

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaBelleThatcher For This Useful Post:

braveboy (03-07-12), Half Man and Half Dildo (03-07-12), the traveller (03-07-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12