Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: techie help please

Default techie help please

is there a way that you can send a folder, like pictures in bulk instead of doing it indiviual

i need to send a 100 odd photos by email

any quick way to do it?
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

If you use gmail you can send a complete folder

Quote Originally Posted by windmill39 View Post
    If you use gmail you can send a complete folder

i shall sign up and make an account thanks!

If you use a mac just select all copy and paste if not try opening a file and drop all photos there and send file through gmail.. But I use a mac and it's simple I had a pc for 2 weeks nearly drove me mad ....
    Who loves ya baby......!!

You cannot insert an entire folder as attachement ???
    If you try, it just opens the folder, it doesn't attach it, you actually need to attach the individual files in the folder.
    Of course, you can just "select all files" and then "insert", rather then go one by one.

With Gmail, you can send & receive messages up to 25 MB.
    This is quite generous but sometimes is not enough if you want for exemple to send good quality large pictures, taken with a good qulity camera and not compressed yet. And keep in mind that most other email services they have lower limits, so your attachement will bounce if you try to send your gmail with a full size attachment to someone who doesn't have the same facilities.

Reviews

use winrar to compress em all into 1 file.

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Alison View Post
    You cannot insert an entire folder as attachement ???
    If you try, it just opens the folder, it doesn't attach it, you actually need to attach the individual files in the folder.
    Of course, you can just "select all files" and then "insert", rather then go one by one.

With Gmail, you can send & receive messages up to 25 MB.
    This is quite generous but sometimes is not enough if you want for exemple to send good quality large pictures, taken with a good qulity camera and not compressed yet. And keep in mind that most other email services they have lower limits, so your attachement will bounce if you try to send your gmail with a full size attachment to someone who doesn't have the same facilities.

there my pictures for yesterday and i cud only manage 3 on an email,

im downloading zip now

any naughty pictures in the 100 ;-)

Reviews

Emailing over 10mb is probably the limit for most email accounts, you can send larger if it's a private doamin but most free email accounts such as hotmail only let you recieve 10mb.
    As others have said there are free sites that will allow you to upload the files/folder and send a link to whomever as to where they can download them from.

This is a very easy one to use and they have a generous 300mb allowance for free accounts..

http://www.sendspace.com/

I'm useless with things like that but I love your new photos. I'd nearly turn lezza for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast