Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LDM Reviews- AVENGERS ASSEMBLE

Reviews

Thumbs up LDM Reviews- AVENGERS ASSEMBLE

I'm gonna do ye all a gigantic favour. No seriously I am. I know that many of you don't wanna be reading whole reviews (especially mine, a fad I've started lately). So for those of you who want a very short synopsis of Marvel Avengers Assemble, here ya go.....

GET THE F*CK OFF YOUR ARSE AND STRAIGHT TO THE CINEMA FOR THIS ORGASMIC MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!

Now those of you who want a more in depth analysis of the movie, please read on.

For those of you not informed/seen the last few Marvel movies, Avengers Assemble pulls together the previous 5 movies over the last few years: Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America. If you haven't seen these movies..... well you would be at a slight disadvantage. It is out in both 2D and 3D. I decided to go with the latter, even though I'm not a great fan of 3D movies. But this was worth it.

Synopsis:
    Under threat of invasion from the villainous Loki (main villain in the movie Thor), hellbent on enslaving and ruling over mankind, Nick Fury director of S.H.I.E.L.D (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division) brings together a group of extraordinary people to battle the invading forces and save the Earth. With plenty of twists and turns throughout, Avengers Assemble is a movie you do not wanna miss. Threats both foreign and domestic face this team of heroes, whom have quarrels and rifts between each other. The fate of the Earth is in their hands, but they will not succeed if they cannot work as a team.

Pros:
    ~ Excellent main cast:
    Robert Downey Jr (Tony Stark/Iron Man)
    Chris Evans (Steve Rogers/Captain America)
    Chris Hemsworth (Thor)
    Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner/Hulk)
    Scarlett Johansson (Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow)
    Jeremy Runner (Clint Barton/Hawkeye)
    Samuel L.Jackson (Nick Fury)
    Tom Hiddleston (Loki)

~ Very nice shot of Gwyneth Paltrow's (plays Tony Stark's girlfriend Pepper Potts) legs early on in the movie (fine ass legs they are too).
    ~ Scarlett looking very sexy throughout :adultwhackit:
    ~ Brilliant story, effects.
    ~ The 3D is simply amazing.

Cons:
    NONE!

Avengers Assemble is in my eyes the best movie of the year so far. There's no shortage of action, lots of laughs and is a movie to be enjoyed by all, comic-book nerd and normal person alike! One thing about the history of the Avengers throughout the Marvel universe is that there was always great friction between the heroes in all origin stories of the team of the world's mightiest heroes, and Avengers Assemble shows this fantastically!

Just under 2hrs 30mins of non-stop laughs and action, you will not be disappointed. Or if you are disappointed, you're a tool!

Rating:

5/5 shenanigans!!!!

I can only hope now, that The Dark Knight Rises lives up to the hype and gives its audience as much a thrill as Avengers Assemble.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

69patrick69 (27-04-12), benin (27-04-12), BJ99 (28-04-12), Cable87 (28-04-12), harry10 (27-04-12), JAMESCORK (30-04-12), lastboyscout (28-04-12), Morpheus (28-04-12)

will deffo go to see it after that 5 shenanigans review... was looking forward to it anyway.

Reviews

Thanks LDM for the insight into the butchering of the original Avengers,Loki was/is the god of mischeif/evil,while Thor is the god of thunder,Captain America was not that hot a movie,Iron man was good with his origin was changed as well,different times I guess,no Henry Pym as giant man,probably getting old but it makes me sad that hollywood can not leave nothing alone and has to change it,well untill Thor becomes a transvestite,make mine marvel.

Reviews

Going to see it next week. Can't wait now!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Is scarlet wearing leather at any time???

Reviews

I thought it was pretty decent (exceeding my expectations), but then it did have Joss Whedon ("Buffy") directing. The actors playing Thor and Captain America don't really bring out much in the charaters. Robert Downey Jr brings (shall we say charitably) a "new interpretation" of the Tony Stark character, but at least he, the new Hulk actor, and the guy from The Hurt Locker are all interesting on screen.

And little surprise to see Whedon putting Scarlett Johannson up front and centre as a female heroine, but she did good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UncleBob For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (27-04-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
    I thought it was pretty decent (exceeding my expectations), but then it did have Joss Whedon ("Buffy") directing. The actors playing Thor and Captain America don't really bring out much in the charaters. Robert Downey Jr brings (shall we say charitably) a "new interpretation" of the Tony Stark character, but at least he, the new Hulk actor, and the guy from The Hurt Locker are all interesting on screen.

And little surprise to see Whedon putting Scarlett Johannson up front and centre as a female heroine, but she did good.
    No suprise putting the eye candy out front UB, there was no female founding member of the Avengers,they were all at home at the time making the tea,lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (30-04-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    No suprise putting the eye candy out front UB, there was no female founding member of the Avengers,they were all at home at the time making the tea,lol.
    Actually, in fairness to Whedon, he has a big grá for strong female leads and not 'eye-candy' either.

Her character was quite cool and played a large role in the plot.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to UncleBob For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (28-04-12)

Reviews

Cheers LDM. Looks like a must see.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
    Cheers LDM. Looks like a must see.
    Lo.... look...... LOOKS LIKE A MUST SEE????? YOU MAD????????????????????????????????

DID I NOT STRESS ENOUGH IN MY REVIEW HOW UTTERLY VITAL IT IS TO SEE THIS MOVIE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast