Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Third Degree

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    But that's for nettles not 3rd degree sun burn jeez

Wouldn't fancy rubbing alcohol on sunburn to be honest.
    Woops must have misread the post. In that case Stephanie ignore the previous cures I listed because I now have the perfect one. Stand in the middle of a field with your left foot in some cold tea and start howling like a wolf. Its what the choctaw indians called the "Go away bad burns" remedy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apr For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (22-04-12)

Reviews

Ironically Stephanie, if you hold your hands under warm water, as warm as you can bear, the sting will disappear much quicker. i got that advice in Atlantic city many years ago, and it worked, i blistered but didn't have any pain. I hope you are feeling better soon. x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (22-04-12), very shy guy (22-04-12)

Reviews

There's the old rhyme about tackling nettles:

Tender-handed stroke a nettle, And it stings you, for your pains: Grasp it like a man of mettle, And it soft as silk remains.

In other words there's a way to pluck a nettle painlessly; by using a firm grip. I've never been brave enough to try to prove the saying right.

More explanation here:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/g...he-nettle.html
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record 2-time E-I Fantasy Football Champion 2010/11, 2013/14
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BootSlick55 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Whatever... all I can say is that Stephanie is a legend...........

BLD

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigladdub For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    OUCH !!!!!

A couple of days ago I pulled up some stinging nettle with my bare hands. (I couldnīt be bothered to fetch the gloves). Stinging

nettles startlingly sting when you first grab them, then it itches where it touched you, then it turns to a tingling sensation..

That evening both my hands tingled in a not unpleasant way..

So today I was sitting on the deck, beautiful sunny day, hanging in my hammock, gazing out over the land, reading a magazine..

when I noticed my right hand started to tingle exactly like after my Stinging Nettle encounter.. ah, I thought not much of it,

just kinda bemusedly wondered how it has never happened before that it should tingle two days later.. and I went on reading..

then about an hour later I noticed my other (left) hand started to tingle... now that is a mystery, as I did most of my

Nettle weeding with my right hand... hm.. and absentmindedly, enjoying the moment and my surroundings, I sort of forgot

about the whole thing until about an hour later when the tingle started to turn to discomfort.. and my very bemused

thought process finally realised that it is SUNBURN !!!!

ARGH ! My right hand is so sunburnt that it is actually swollen.. red.. feels like itīs been scalded in boiling water.. my left hand

slightly less so.. Now that it is evening time, I have the heat on and the radiating heat is sheer agony on my severely

(THIRD DEGREE) sunburnt hands.. OUCH !!!

So here, it has finally happened.. This is the first official Stephanie Rant lol xx

(and now I rush off and run some cold water over my poor, crying bloody murder hands lol)
    Sadly that's what you get Stephanie for being a delicate flower and having fair skin,dock leaves would have helped with the nettles,they are not up at the moment,split the stem and rub the juice on the affected area for best results,have not got a clue about sunburn as I do not get it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (22-04-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Apr View Post
    Woops must have misread the post. In that case Stephanie ignore the previous cures I listed because I now have the perfect one. Stand in the middle of a field with your left foot in some cold tea and start howling like a wolf. Its what the choctaw indians called the "Go away bad burns" remedy
    Laugh Out Loud x Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Ironically Stephanie, if you hold your hands under warm water, as warm as you can bear, the sting will disappear much quicker. i got that advice in Atlantic city many years ago, and it worked, i blistered but didn't have any pain. I hope you are feeling better soon. x
    Doodles, if you can picture a latex glove that is blown up full of air.., imagine it in red.., that is what my hand looks like..

Ouch is not even the word for it.. Even a breeze hurts.. Even to look at hurts.. Thank the Good Lord I didnīt bring a bikini..

Of course, if I was laying out suntanning, I would have been more vigilant and careful.. All I can say is : What a silly girl.

Quote Originally Posted by bigladdub View Post
    Whatever... all I can say is that Stephanie is a legend...........

BLD
    Thank you BLD Hope we can īlegendī again sometime xx

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    Sadly that's what you get Stephanie for being a delicate flower and having fair skin,dock leaves would have helped with the nettles,they are not up at the moment,split the stem and rub the juice on the affected area for best results,have not got a clue about sunburn as I do not get it.
    Thank you, Mr Shy xx

I donīt even know what dock leaves are, but really it is not the nettles that I have a problem with

I am actually quite fond of that tingling sensation well after you are done handling them xx

And supposed to be good for you lol.. like bee stings are supposed to be good for you
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Doodles, if you can picture a latex glove that is blown up full of air.., imagine it in red.., that is what my hand looks like..
    Ouch is not even the word for it.. Even a breeze hurts.. Even to look at hurts.

Christ that sounds really sore. Take care of yourself and I dunno just keep trying to think of nice things and it might distract you from the painm watch your fav movies or boxset maybe. I scalded my right hand once and it was really sore. Hope you get better soon.
    Last edited by Apr; 22-04-12 at 20:31.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apr For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (22-04-12), Stephanie (22-04-12)

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Apr View Post
    I heard that natural yogurt is great for burns. Never tried it though. Here's a link for home remedies if ya cant make it to a chemists http://voices.yahoo.com/home-remedie...g-3880422.html

Hope it helps
    Natural Yogurt does work. I had to use it in Tenerife a few years ago after getting sun stroke. Typical Irish man on a beach not knowing what that big orange thing in the sky was.
    That's not an icon......it's a photo of my face.

Quote Originally Posted by WatWatWat View Post
    I have carpet burns. Stinging like hell.
    Lube your chin next time then

Tomatoes are good for sunburn. Puree some and slather it all over the burned skin. Tinned tomatoes will suffice at a push.
    (It's also good for getting rid of the smell when a skunk gets you - Always handy to know)
    Anyway, you poor thing. How are you managing to type?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456