Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Household tax

Default Household tax

I know there have been previous threads, and I have thought about paying and then not paying.

I have said to myself that I will end up paying, but I have decided not to pay for the moment for no other reason but just to make the government look stupid and out of control.

Because this is a stupid tax. As an employee said to me, he split with his girlfriend, he rents his house and adds money each month to pay the mortgage, and now they want to tax him.

For me, I am ruined with rented houses and I am being asked to pay for social amenities that I don't use. Shouldn't tenants pays this, they use it?

Reviews

I paid it ....... its only a €100 ffs

Reviews

As far as I know mate the landlord has to pay the tax on his rented house.Of course I am open
    to correction on that.
    For what it's worth I'm not paying it either.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    That figure is set to rise substantially over the next few years.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bumleg For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (28-03-12)

Reviews

Everyone will cave in and pay it.
    I was paying my dad's for him today because he's in hospital, four ahead of me, about ten behind queing to pay it.
    Most people will pay
    There is nothing worse for the lying soul than the mirror of reality

It's not the €100, nor the increases for the future, for me it's my lack of respect for the current government.
    It is the lack of association with ability to pay or association with the charge and those who should pay that annoys me.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    Registration is 100 euro...... this is an acknowledgement
    So no reason that the government won't increase this in the future.....only 100, 500, 1000 where does it end?

Unfair "tax" as ill thought as the government policies that are ruining this country

Not paying it btw...... my neighbour across the green doesn't have to pay it coz he's in an unfinished estate! ffs it's phase 2 of same development but because some path ain't finished nobody there has this problem to worry about (yet)
    They are living in completed houses with water/electricity etc so makes no sense to me

I would pay it if it came as a bill to my house with my name on it but that would imply, as the law states, that this would be a fixed amount but as this is a registration and owner takes it in their own interest to acknowledge this - the government can pretty well much do what they want in the future

As most know.....they'll get us in the end but i'll make them sweat about getting fairer policies/strategies in the future
    Genuine Panda Bear Punter - Eats Shoots & Leaves

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BJ99 For This Useful Post:

bumleg (28-03-12), hotguy (28-03-12), Martin41 (28-03-12), very shy guy (28-03-12)

Blog Entries

In the UK the tennant pays Council Tax when they are resident in a furnished dwelling. If it is not furnished or habitable, you do not have to pay.

I paid substantial stamp duty (house purchase tax) in 2006. I feel I've paid my share for about 50 years.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin41 For This Useful Post:

BJ99 (28-03-12), hotguy (28-03-12)

Reviews

This "I'm not paying" carry on is ridiculous. Regardless of how we might feel about it, who has to pay it, how it's structured or when it's due, an act of parliament says we must pay it. That means it's illegal under Irish law to not pay it. If April 1st comes around and you haven't paid then you've committed a crime.

I'm fed up hearing about it actually. I've got more than one to pay and I paid them in January. What was the point in waiting ? For my own sense of well being I don't want the thought of it hanging over my head. I've enough things in life to worry about rather than fret over a €100 household charge.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast