Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Household tax

Reviews

[QUOTE=ber;741055]
    Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post

I have to disagree, if the auctions have thought us anything its that price something competitively enough there is always a customer for it. People are just asking too high a price.
    6 months three price drops double digit viewings and no offers!!!!! Banks are not giving money to buyers so there is no market out there.

Reviews

I must research the statute argument a little further.

So it appears I actually do own my house as part of the contract I signed. The house was my part of the deal. The bank put up the money. However, due to the fact that I couldn't withdraw that amount of money from the bank at any time, I must ask if the money actually exists. Just because most people say it does, doesn't mean it actually is, religion and belief in god being a case in point.

However, in the mist of pedanticism, one thing seems to have been lost. This is essentially an unfair tax (if it is a tax at that), and as such, when the majority refuse a tax, it shouldn't be on the statute books, democracy being what it is. Now, you may throw your hands up and say 'They can do what they like', but that's an excuse for less hassle and is ultimately a selfish reason. What can they do? Take your house? For €100....? Really.....? They can throw you in jail, true, but they can't throw 1.5 million house holds in jail, can they? They could make it affect your credit rating, but what happens if 1.5 million households have a bad rating? Then the country as a whole is afflicted by it, and they wont let that happen given past experience.

The answer is in looking to the majority, and the majority haven't paid. Therefore, I will neither. And let them throw me in jail. Somebody needs to take a stand.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to experiencedguy For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (29-03-12)

Reviews

When this becomes a proper tax next year, they will have difficulty working out an equitable measure, i suspect they will end up back at the tithe system. this counted the number of windows in a property and taxed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    I paid it ....... its only a €100 ffs
    On December 1, 1955, in Montgomery, Alabama, Parks refused to obey bus driver James F. Blake's order that she give up her seat to make room for a white passenger. Parks' action was not the first of its kind to impact the civil rights issue. Others had taken similar steps, including Lizzie Jennings in 1854, Homer Plessy in 1892, Irene Morgan in 1946, Sarah Louise Keys in 1955, and Claudette Colvin on the same bus system nine months before Parks, but Parks' civil disobedience had the effect of sparking the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

All it was,was a bus seat. Some people's principles override their narrow mindedness.

for the others, nobody will go to jail. They will get it eventually, but like they get it like a tv license. youll get a renewal, a reminder and a final notice, then a summons and more than likely a fine or jail then but the whole issue is a disaster so worth waiting to see how it pans out. Its not a Statute either. you do have to pay but they have penalties in place already so its too early for panicking. Dont believe the other extreme either. It wont be 1000 or whatever although it will increase.
    Last edited by Frankd; 29-03-12 at 15:15.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345