Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ah, Catholicism and Sex....

Reviews

Default Ah, Catholicism and Sex....

....not having been to Mass in quite a while I had forgotten just how far doctrine plumbs the depths of miserablism and joylessness (all under the guise of directing us towards ultimate joy)

I just cut out this section because it goes on at length castigating the unmarried and their sexual abberations of masturbating (further on the poor oul homosexuals really get lambasted; lads ye have all my sympathy)

"In most cases, using one’s body as an instrument is not problematic. This is done when one works and plays, and also when one communicates, using the tongue to speak, the finger to point, the genitals to engage in marital intercourse. In such cases the body functions as part of oneself, serving the whole and sharing in the resulting benefits. By contrast, in choosing to masturbate, one does not choose to act for a goal which fulfills oneself as a unified, bodily person. The only immediate goal is satisfaction for the conscious self; and so the body, not being part of the whole for whose sake the act is done, serves only as an extrinsic instrument. Thus, in choosing to masturbate one chooses to alienate one’s body from one’s conscious subjectivity.

Of course, this self-alienation from the body in no way affects the metaphysical unity of one’s person, since no choice can alter a person’s metaphysical constitution. However, the self-alienation is an existential dualism between the body and the conscious self, that is, a division between the two insofar as they are coprinciples of oneself considered as an integrated, acting, sexual person. Therefore, to choose to masturbate is to choose a specific kind of self-disintegrity, and, since choices determine the self unless and until the person makes another, incompatible choice (see CMP, 2.E.6–7), the choice of self-disintegrity damages the basic good of self-integration. But choosing to damage any basic human good violates the eighth mode of responsibility, and so is always wrong (see CMP, 8.H). Therefore, to choose to masturbate is always wrong."

Section in boldface, I mean seriously what the fuck?!?!? Pretzel-fucken-logic.....

Here's the entire essay: http://www.twotlj.org/G-2-9-E.html

Its very long and you will want to go out and have the dirtiest most mindless sex just to wash the patina of it off your brain but as I always say: Know Your Enemy.
    Bada Bing!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

Julius Caesar (27-03-12), very shy guy (27-03-12)

Reviews

I think conservative sexual morals are the norm across most organised religions!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

Julius Caesar (27-03-12), very shy guy (27-03-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    I think conservative sexual morals are the norm across most organised religions!
    True that. It's depressing. And so misguided.
    Bada Bing!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (27-03-12)

Reviews

I blame that shower of cunts for the god awful sex education we got (and probably still get) in school. Truly a repressive bunch of hypocritical fascists if there ever was one, masquerading in the name of goodness.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Banjaxed For This Useful Post:

Julius Caesar (27-03-12), Lincoln (27-03-12)

Reviews

Catholicism.... actually all bloody religions for that matter can be summed up as follows:

A LOAD OF SHITE!

Think my point got across there fairly well.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Julius Caesar (27-03-12)

Burn burn burn burn burn the bastards the fucking lot of them fucking perverts telling us how to run our lives I had fucking Christian brothers for 10 long years of my life and I know pure evil when I see it ....... Burn burn burn burn ..... Rant over
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

Reviews

You'll all be going through the Rosary beads like a pack of bastards when you're on chemo for some horrible cancer

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

Banger (27-03-12)

Reviews

You'll all be going through the Rosary beads like a pack of bastards when you're on chemo for some horrible cancer
    All joking aside Mousey I now genuinely wonder if that would be the case with me anymore (I really don't think so)

Hey, who's to say maybe there is a God. If its the version depicted in the article I posted and could be verified to actually exist??? My answer would still be "Sorry, No Sale"
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    All joking aside Mousey I now genuinely wonder if that would be the case with me anymore (I really don't think so) Hey, who's to say maybe there is a God. If its the version depicted in the article I posted and could be verified to
    actually exist??? My answer would still be "Sorry, No Sale"
    Really?

If you died, and sudddenly appeared before God on his heavenly throne, you still say "Sorry, no sale?"

Think it through, Linc

Reviews

Really?

If you died, and sudddenly appeared before God on his heavenly throne, you still say "Sorry, no sale?"

Think it through, Linc
    Probably be saying "fuck, why didn't I listen to the kiddie fiddlers for once?".

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast