Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Right To Vote

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Congratulations, bugboy, you just made it!
    I would celebrate being first but I suspect its already a few pages long

Now here folks mousy has a point I'm usually the one to jump in with the wise cracks but I do think is a valid point voting is very important for democracy.
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
    Now here folks mousy has a point I'm usually the one to jump in with the wise cracks but I do think is a valid point voting is very important for democracy.
    Sometimes in this country the two get confused. i.e. voting = expressing your choice/will Democracy = running the votes until we get the answer we want.

Reviews

Now that we're on page 2, I can add some spice to this thread, which was my plan all along.

I put it to you that - no, nobody should have a right to vote. Think about all the skangers, junkie scum, murderers, human vermin etc that litter our society. They are not productive members of our society.

Several posters have said that if you don't vote, you don't get to complain. Let's flip that on its side - if you vote, then you agree to abide by certain standard of living and behaviour. If you break the laws, then you have displayed that you are not capable or fit to exist alongside the rest of us and to enjoy the same privileges.

Nobody should be allowed to vote just because they're 18. People who want the vote should have to do some sort of an exam, that asks basic questions of their grasp of politics or the issue they're voting on. If you fail this exam, you don't get a vote. If you pass this exam, then you get a vote.

Your collective outraged rebuttal?

Reviews

Now that we're on page 2, I can add some spice to this thread, which was my plan all along.

I put it to you that - no, nobody should have a right to vote. Think about all the skangers, junkie scum, murderers, human vermin etc that litter our society. They are not productive members of our society.

Several posters have said that if you don't vote, you don't get to complain. Let's flip that on its side - if you vote, then you agree to abide by certain standard of living and behaviour. If you break the laws, then you have displayed that you are not capable or fit to exist alongside the rest of us and to enjoy the same privileges.

Nobody should be allowed to vote just because they're 18. People who want the vote should have to do some sort of an exam, that asks basic questions of their grasp of politics or the issue they're voting on. If you fail this exam, you don't get a vote. If you pass this exam, then you get a vote.

Your collective outraged rebuttal?
    Interesting and thought out proposal, which we shall call "qualified democracy". However, to put a different slant on it, if you have voted and not for the government party/ies then surely you have a greater right to break the laws etc, as you have clearly expressed your preference and shown you don't agree with the gobshites in power!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Interesting and thought out proposal, which we shall call "qualified democracy".
    Very well, but "mouseocracy" is also acceptable to me.

However, to put a different slant on it, if you have voted and not for the government party/ies then surely you have a greater right to break the laws etc, as you have clearly expressed your preference and shown you don't agree with the gobshites in power!!!
    Eh? How are you inferring that? Suspicious Mouse is suspicious. Could there be an unforeseen hole in fascist plot?

Reviews

Very well, but "mouseocracy" is also acceptable to me.

Eh? How are you inferring that? Suspicious Mouse is suspicious. Could there be an unforeseen hole in fascist plot?

In doodle land you will carry a copy of your last vote so that when accused of not paying tax or whatever you can produce your vote and say, well I didn't vote them in so I don't recognize them. Its a kind of Anarchocracy

Reviews

In doodle land you will carry a copy of your last vote so that when accused of not paying tax or whatever you can produce your vote and say, well I didn't vote them in so I don't recognize them. Its a kind of Anarchocracy
    I resolve this issue by clarifying that people who receive the right to vote are aware of their responsibilities as democrats and will not begin armed insurrections against the legitimately elected government of the day just because.

Are you the Judaean Peoples' Front?
    Fuck off! Judaean Peoples' Front? Splitters! Wankers! We're the Peoples' Front of Judaea!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    well ye can all vote again on may 31

cue varadkar scaremongering
    Fashist scum bag,all he needs is the tache and swasticka ,and a kick up the arse bishop Brennan style.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by max california View Post
    This is just a cunning plan by Mousey to find out who he needs to execute after becoming Supreme Tyrant of Earth
    Not going to happen Max,my army of space vixens are waiting for Mousey and JC to make their move,there will then be a 5 second warning before they will be obliterated,that should put them in their place once and for all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast