Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever want to be that person....

Default Ever want to be that person....

who goes to the store and never comes back?u hear these stories a about people who went out for milk and never came home Do u ever feel like stepping out of your life and responsibilities? Not because of unhappiness but just boredom sometimes I'd love to get it into my head and ride out of town and see where I end up

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skeletor For This Useful Post:

mer (20-03-12), Sam Spade (19-03-12), User300415 (18-03-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    who goes to the store and never comes back?u hear these stories a about people who went out for milk and never came home Do u ever feel like stepping out of your life and responsibilities? Not because of unhappiness but just boredom sometimes I'd love to get it into my head and ride out of town and see where I end up
    Interesting thread Skeletor. The late Richard Harris when married and living in New York once popped out for milk and was overcome by a strong urge to catch a flight to Shannon and go on the lash in his local pub in Limerick. After a boozy week he returned to his wife who was furious and was going to throw him out until he asked her, "why didn't you pay the ransom?"

I regularly pass Dublin airport on my way to work and I am often filled with an urge to divert right and board a flight to somewhere less mundane than what a pasty-skied Monday in Ireland has to offer.

Reviews

we all think it at sometime but only a brave few actually do it. It can have good and bad endings i imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    Yes divorce.........!!!!!
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

I often feel like buggering off for a week when I'm by the airport and seeing the planes come and go, but I never feel like leaving eveything in my life behind. Sounds horrible and lonely to me, far from an adventure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

Uisce Beatha (18-03-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

That's what made Robert Frost's poem "The Road not Taken" such a wonderful reflection. Many of us are shaped by the chances, opportunites or decisions that came along many years ago when we were just out of school. We stay on that threadmill 'cause it's the "right thing to do" or because it's the simple option. We are too scared to take the road less travelled. We tie ourselves down to petty mundane trivia that we make seem so important and give up on the opportunity to explore all the possibilities in this wonderful world. I suppose those of us that enjoy punting have at least ventured to wander a little from the norm. But oh to have real courage, even in a mid-age crisis.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to User300415 For This Useful Post:

Banjaxed (19-03-12), doodlebug (19-03-12), Nicole (19-03-12), UKHeather (19-03-12), viber (19-03-12)

Reviews

Once I did disappear at a very low point a few years ago, but as I was a minor at the time with no means, it didn't take long to end up detained. The way I saw it, disappearing was more desirable to taking the great leap that too many of my former school mates have chosen, leaving their worries at the bottom of a rope or (no firm evidence, only whispering) driving their cars into large walls on a clear night.

It's not something I would think about any more, but when you feel trapped in a situation and without support, I think that's when people look at it, at least in my experience. Note: All happiness has now been officially drained from this thread.

Blog Entries

I have to admit I've never felt suicidal, I've never wanted to put my hands up in the air and give up, although I have shed many a tear. I love my home, I love my family (and no they are by no means perfect) and I love my friends. I tend to go a little quiet, isolate myself for a day or two and then come back bouncing, with twice as much vigour and get through what ever the problem is.

I love travelling and I love seeing the world, but I will always want to come back home, what ever there is facing me.
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 19-03-12 at 00:58.

Reviews

I guess I'm lucky, I've never encountered any problems in my life that I felt I couldn't face.
    Granted I love travelling and visiting new places.
    But if I ever leave Ireland it will be a concious, thought out decision rather than a spur of the moment, get away from everything impulse.
    There is nothing worse for the lying soul than the mirror of reality

13. The Following User Says Thank You to max california For This Useful Post:

Uisce Beatha (19-03-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I have to admit I've never felt suicidal, I've never wanted to put my hands up in the air and give up, although I have shed many a tear. I love my home, I love my family (and no they are by no means perfect) and I love my friends. I tend to go a little quiet, isolate myself for a day or two and then come back bouncing, with twice as much vigour and get through what ever the problem is.

I love travelling and I love seeing the world, but I will always want to come back home, what ever there is facing me.
    That was my motive [in leaving], as I love traveling and thanks to my family have got to see some of the most amazing places in the world when I was in my teens. I suppose it depends on the person, and maybe I'm more fragile than some. I remember shame at my own perceived failure and an inability to comprehend how I could go on living, given the standards I'd set for myself, after that time were the overriding feelings. If for whatever reason someone rejects you or you don't get it right the first time, then maybe you're not worthy of life. But that was thankfully untrue.
    Last edited by Banjaxed; 19-03-12 at 01:06.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Banjaxed For This Useful Post:

Julius Caesar (19-03-12)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast