Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irish justice system

Reviews

Default All perfectly correct but .....................

............ this banana republic will never change until the citizens say "enough is enough" !
    I listen to Joe Duffy, I sit in pubs & listen to the philosophers, the begrudgers, the headline readers, sheep et al, I read the papers (not the ones with red tops !), I meet people constantly with work & every single meeting begins with the doom & gloom.
    We have to be the most morose, pessimistic, compliant whipping boys on the planet.
    All the shite I listen to & read on a daily basis & how many of the whingers have taken to the streets ? How many are preapred to think of the bigger picture for a change & demand change ? We are a selfish, individualistic race & if it isn't on my doorstep then I'll have sympathy but no more !!!
    I am doing a dissertation presently & have centred it around my theory that Irish people are beaten down & expect people in high office to behave badly & expect to be treated as 2nd class citizens. We had the Brits for yada yada, were 2nd class then (at best), then we won independence (26 counties) & effectively handed power to the RC Church, allowing people like Archbishop McQuaid make us cower & have to assess every law being passed. Then when their powers began to wane our political, business, professional & connected classes realised that we allowed them massive latitude to do as they wished, in fact we expected them to make us 2nd class, we seem to be conditioned that way now. Deep in the Irish psyche is an expectation that we will be treated badly by those we give power to & they have never let us down.
    So to the whingers, nay sayers, bar stool philosophers et al I say get off your lazy, selfish, me fein asses & be active in ridding this place of our opressed shackles. If we don't rise up now then I fear that we will be merely inviting the next legion of greedy fuckers to shaft us all over again.
    As an Irish man I feel shame about how we have allowed ourselves still be cowered by those we give power to. Was a FG / Labour government ever going to be different ? Of course not !! They have conspired, along with FF & PDs, to set up the political landscape we now know over the last few decades. They are all complicit in shafting us & feathering their own nests & those of their closest associates at the ordinary man's expense.
    To go back to the topic, the laws that seem to protect the people who have us where we are have been put in place by all these political parties over time & the fact is that no one is in a hurry to change them so we can jail the real culprits seems to escape most of us. My political views would not be akin to those of the government parties in the UK or USA but at least they have many, many bankers behind bars & have political cultures that mean people caught with their trousers down have to stand down or even answer charges. Just look at Ivor Callely, say no more ...................
    To all those people who queued outside foreign job expos I wonder where you were a few years back when some of us took to the streets to try & stop our government from shackling us with bank's debts etc etc ???
    Ok enough. Just the Nads tuppence worth .......................
    "I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there."
    Oscar Wilde

You see folks it's all a gamble if you go to court it's which barrister or solicitor puts on the best show not who's right or wrong. I was in a case years ago some guy hit me i hit him back he sustained fairly serious injuries so i was taken to court after 24 hrs of questioning my solicitor told me i had 2 choices !. plead guilty and get a fine 2. Fight the case but if i'm found guilty i face jail.....!!! so i pleaded and was fined 2k then i was sues for personal injuries no defence as i pleaded guilty in the courts so in conclusion the law is a complete ass
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12