Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Interesting Interview On Tom Dunne Show

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Carlos.

Please.

Compress. It is the only way.
    I don't think he can (besides, he makes me look so CONCISE )

I think, when you are out to win a debate for the sake of looking a smart alec soundbytes are great, but when you are talking about a complex agenda targeting real lives you have to cover all the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelleThatcher View Post
    I don't think he can (besides, he makes me look so CONCISE )

I think, when you are out to win a debate for the sake of looking a smart alec soundbytes are great, but when you are talking about a complex agenda targeting real lives you have to cover all the bases.
    Maybe you are right Eileen. However, I think the goldfish rule applies here. We have three minutes to really speak. After that, its just babble.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelleThatcher View Post
    But how can they even do that much as long as they treat us like children or dumb animals with no opinions, judgement or experiences of our own worth consideration?

Take someone with low self esteem, treat them like that and call it "help" and you will literally dismantle them beyond repair.

Even before you get into the deeply destructive "Gaslighting" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting ) effect of their ideology - anyone here...doesn't matter who...imagine receiving counselling for any normal range trauma, bereavement, relationship troubles...anything that is biased by Ruhama's ideology and distorted worldview.

I have pretty fragile self esteem (I hang onto it it balance out my arrogance, mostly to help people not strangle me really ) supposing, I give you my trust and, you come at me from a perspective of telling me all my clients were just the same as rapists, that they were *MY ABUSERS* - what does that do to the contents of my head? Most importantly, what does it do to the positive contents of my head?

Any respect or affirmation I received as a human being that happened to come from a client is just *CANCELLED* - just like that...and when I look at the things I need to look at in myself for my future like my aversion to sex work, you are assuring me that is a "perfectly normal" reaction to all those rapists and artificially fostering blanket denial of the real issues I have hidden under that rock that will come back to bite me for the rest of my life unless confronted.

A lot of us are survivors of one kind of abuse or another, and the first thing we have to learn to begin to heal is to develop a reflex to automatically reject people who try to impose dysfunctional control over us, or subvert our perception of ourselves and the world...particularly when they tell us they are "only doing it for our own good". We have to learn a reflex that runs from things like that being imposed upon us "for our own good"...or we will never have a life at all.

We have to learn to run from organisations like Ruhama for the sake of our mental, and emotional health.
    Well that does seem like a very unusual form of councelling all right. My understanding of councelling/therapy was that an essential prerequisite for a good councellor was to be a good listener and not impose their own character, preconceptions and opinions etc. on the process. A councellor should be helping you to go through issues and experiences, or at most give you some guidance on ways to come to terms with the past, rather than trying to dictate an outcome which ignores the individual's needs. Seems doomed to failure to me it you don't bring the subject with you.

Reviews

Carlos.

Please.

Compress. It is the only way.
    Now, now Lucy, you know that I was a student of the great master himself. My humble 2 page post (before I ran out of steam) is nothing compared to his thesis like posts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (13-03-12)

Maybe you are right Eileen. However, I think the goldfish rule applies here. We have three minutes to really speak. After that, its just babble.
    I think it would break easily into 3 articles...but not now, it is almost time for "TV3 Rides Out" documentary...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LaBelleThatcher For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (13-03-12)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456