Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Witchcraft torture couple jailed for life

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I can't believe this happened in Britain!! (It could just as well have happened here! Although that is no where as shocking as the crime itself)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/witchcraft-...124034043.html

The news article says that this sort of torture of minors suspected of being possessed by demons - is common in some parts of Africa!!!!!

Both Bikubi and the Bamu family hail originally from the Democratic Republic of Congo, where accusing children of witchcraft and then exorcising them is commonplace.
    The practice is known as "kindoki" and during the trial, the jury was told it was the "driving force" behind the murder.

Seeing as how none of us had any choice in where we were born - we should be thankful daily that we didn't grow up in such an environment!!
    I followed this case, good they were found guilty. I wonder though, how people who practice Obeiah and so on could ever adapt to their new countries- for them it would be akin to a religion, so one would think almost impossible to leave behind. There have also been several body parts found of young African males found in various locations- this has been attributed to sacrificial murder, the children often trafficked to the country. One very sad story I remember well is 'Adam'
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 05-03-12 at 19:23.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (05-03-12)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123