Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Smoking support Thread

Blog Entries
    Reviews

So I don't smoke or drink, I love tea though alot of it, but the thing I find reading this thread is how black and white it is, it's ok if you smoked 30 a day, then two days later you fell off the wagon so to speak, it's what you do thereafter, do you go back to the 30 a day? just think when you have that craving, when you know you would have had a smoke but you didn't, take that as a little victory.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dub Lad For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (04-03-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    This is my third month smoke free
    Well done Doozer and all the rest thats given them up,I have lost family that died far too young from them,I have never smoked myself but know people that have given them up and how hard they found it,so plenty of support for the guys and gals that are quitting.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Doozer (04-03-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
    DAY 1

Midnight was the start... Went for walk at 2am took a shower at 4am the kettle is just boiled the pack is there with 10 fags in it my girlfriend smokes at night so I can't destroy them tell you what I haven't typed this fast on my phone before
    Shite Julius thats not great if she is smoking,any chance she would give them up with you,promise to buy her something nice if she can stay off them?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Julius Caesar (04-03-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    OK all, I have been of the fags for 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 7 hours, 47 minutes and 21 seconds (56 days). I have saved €725.30 by not smoking 1,632 cigarettes. I have saved 5 Days and 16 hours of my life.

Now guys, i am sure there is a lot of smokers on the boards, the above info just gives you a view of what you get back by not smoking, i have smoked for 25 years, so it was not easy to get to this stage, but sure as hell worth it,
    I am sharing this into with a view to inspirning all of you guys to give them up for your benefit, , i want this thread to keep going as support on a daily basis for those of you with the sence to stop smoking, its one day at a time guys with this,

So please join the thread and start your new life today, beleive me guys after a few months you will never look back,

Attachment 56548

Well done Ray. Smoking is apparently one of the toughest addictions to beat, probably because of it's social acceptance and the fact that it's ingrained into your daily way of life. And of course the nicotine is physically addictive.

So good luck. And just as your motto says - "One day at a time. Just one day at a time".
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (04-03-12)

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    Shite Julius thats not great if she is smoking,any chance she would give them up with you,promise to buy her something nice if she can stay off them?
    In fairness she's very good shell only smoke if I have them and I know she'll be very supportive but I have a confession I've broken out and smoked 2 today but normally I'd have gone throught 12 at this stage.... It's a start
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Julius Caesar For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (05-03-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Smoking is disgusting. Remember when in school seeing a jam jar full of tar that had been taken from a dead smokers lungs. Disgusting.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WatWatWat For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (05-03-12)

i still smoke but i suffer with insonmia, and often run out of smokes,

so i keep busy before the madness sets in, (and does)

brush your teeth something to do plus the mint etc will change ur taste buds,

dnt drink tea or coffee

dnt drink,

i sketch alot, so i do that, i sketch the profiles here, so handy for perverts,
    aoife has even comissioned a protrait of herself lol

and when all else fails, masterbate furiously for an hour
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

14. The Following User Says Thank You to saoirsemac For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (05-03-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by saoirsemac View Post
    i still smoke but i suffer with insonmia, and often run out of smokes,

so i keep busy before the madness sets in, (and does)

brush your teeth something to do plus the mint etc will change ur taste buds,

dnt drink tea or coffee

dnt drink,

i sketch alot, so i do that, i sketch the profiles here, so handy for perverts,
    aoife has even comissioned a protrait of herself lol

and when all else fails, masterbate furiously for an hour
    well fuck me sideways. You sketch. Is it nudes ya do be doin or wat? Or is it boring flowers and shite.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Alexa,
    Jesus there is no easy way, you just have to use will power, chew a lot of gum, and keep very busy , i find walking a big help, just get out into the freash air, 5 minute walk will sort out the craving, if you are only on them a few years stop now girl, you are young and fantastic looking with a full life ahead of you, if you think anything of yourself and want the best for your health, give them up soon,
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonde Alexa View Post
    OMG.. how did u make it.. i've tried everything..paches, chewing gum.. none of them worked for me..i've just started smoking a few years ago but i missed the days i was running in the gym and didn't felt like i will die after 15-20 min of running ..i wanna be out of cigarrettes too ((((((((
    I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy

Luna just melts my heart, treat her well,

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (05-03-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Foxy
    Well done, keep it up, nothing but respect for you, its posts like yours that will inspire others to kick the nasty habit, keep us posted on your journey
    Quote Originally Posted by foxy74675 View Post
    guys,

As i said earlier i'm off them 8 weeks tomorrow. I say well done to everyone who has quit and to those who want to quit i say good luck to you. It takes strength of mind. I went cold turkey no chewing gum no patch no Champax. Totally cold turkey. Went back Running 3 weeks ago and am now running 10 km runs 3 days a week. and have knocked 3 minutes off my 5km run. I am really happy with my life now. And this is from someone who had a cig in his mouth while in gym gear before training.

Best of luck and health to all
    I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy

Luna just melts my heart, treat her well,

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (05-03-12)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast