Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Thumbs up Homeland

I never thought after The Sopranos ended I’d ever like or get into an American TV drama series again but this Homeland is some show. Watched the pilot episode and I was instantly hooked. Anyone else into it?

If you haven’t seen it I really recommend you take a look at it. I think RTE 2 started showing it about 6 weeks ago but Channel 4 only started showing it 2 weeks ago so its at a very early stage, you could see the beginning on the 4oD player.

I liked it so much I couldn’t be bothered waiting every week to see what happened next so I downloaded the entire first series.

"Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

I've been told it's good. I have Season 1 ready and waiting on my hard drive. I was actually going to start watching The Soprano's again, think I'll give this a try instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post
    I've been told it's good. I have Season 1 ready and waiting on my hard drive. I was actually going to start watching The Soprano's again, think I'll give this a try instead.
    Once you start watching it I promise you you’ll be hooked. Its the most addictive show I’ve ever seen, you just have to see what happens next.

It won best TV series at the Golden Globes this year beating the likes of Boardwalk Empire, BE is something I’m going to have to check out next as some people who do watch it have said they think its even better than The Sopranos.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

Nicole (28-02-12)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    Once you start watching it I promise you you’ll be hooked. Its the most addictive show I’ve ever seen, you just have to see what happens next.

It won best TV series at the Golden Globes this year beating the likes of Boardwalk Empire, BE is something I’m going to have to check out next as some people who do watch it have said they think its even better than The Sopranos.
    Thanks John , I loved Sopranos and searching for another good series to watch. Heard Deadwood is good ????

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (28-02-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Thanks John , I loved Sopranos and searching for another good series to watch. Heard Deadwood is good ????
    Never heard of Heard Deadwood Nicole.

Do you watch Boardwalk Empire at all Nicole?

Also a new show just started on Sky Atlantic called ‘Luck’ (directed by Michael Mann director of Heat). Stars Dustin Hoffman, might start watching it also, can’t be bad with those kinda people involved.

Last edited by JohnRambo; 28-02-12 at 15:59.

People keep telling me to watch that series! I will have to get it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (28-02-12)

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    People keep telling me to watch that series! I will have to get it!
    I’m telling you Sam I HATE American comedy series honestly hate them the likes of that crap ‘Friends’ just not funny and played out as they seem to go on for 10 years or more, but no one can make TV drama like them, I have to give them that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    Never heard of Heard Deadwood Nicole.

Do you watch Boardwalk Empire at all Nicole?

Also a new show just started on Sky Atlantic called ‘Luck’ (directed by Michael Mann director of Heat). Stars Dustin Hoffman, might start watching it also, can’t be bad with those kinda people involved.

Ahhh John , I may get it and watch...I mean the Boardwalk Empire , I heard its good to.
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I really like it, just happened to flick over to Channel 4 on Sunday ?, and really started to get into Homeland, missed the start so will have to catch up. Heard the guy in it on the radio the other day saying how great the scripts were, Because its getting so hard to make non mainstream films these days alot of the best scriptwriters are turning more and more to TV, hence, Sopranos, Homeland etc
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (28-02-12)

Luck and Homeland are very good..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast